Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Monday 3 September 2012

Transferred!


Monday September 3, 2012

 

 

So it is true we did have transfer last week and that’s why I wasn’t able to write cause I was transferred. I left General Lamadrid and went to a little city well a little bit smaller called Rio Cuarto. Its way tight and I had to travel alone for like 4 hours to get there in a collectivo aka Greyhound type bus. It was way chill and I’m here living with the zone leaders and my new comp is Elder L. yay a latino!!!!!! So anyway things are nice and dandy and I’m enjoying my time here so far. I’ll have to send you pictures next week but I just love the work in general that’s about all I can say. 

 

We had a pretty killer week here in the new area and it’s about to explode!!! There are tons of people here that we are getting ready to baptize!!! Its gunna be a great transfer and I know that the Lord will bless us as long as we are being obedient and doing the things that he asks us. I love the gospel in that sense. We teach all the people that if they do what they know is right and what they know the lord wants he is obligated to bless them. It goes the same for us, when we do the things the Lord asks us it’s not a matter of will the Lord bless us, the Lord has to because he is a God of promises and in his perfection he will and wants to bless us. Not gunna lie we had a few tough days in the week but as we kept going strong and worked hard by the end of the day even if it was the last thing we did that day we saw miracles and blessings we did not expect. 

Like at the end of a long day I think it was Tuesday, we had a rough go but we then found this amazing lady who seemed really interested and received what we had to say and is just golden. Then yesterday after an ok day we found a less active member who said that she wants nothing to do with the church. We talked to her for about 20 min and she later confessed her desire and love for the church, she has 3 children who are not baptized and she’s definitely been hurt and has been sad in the past for not having the church in her life. Now that will change. It’s been an amazing week and there has been a lot learned and now there is a lot more to learn. That’s about all I can say for now but I love you all and it’s great to hear how everyone is doing, family friends and the ward. For anyone who reads this and anyone who doesn’t I love each and every one of you and I’ll be talking to you next week!!!!!! 

 

I love the Lord and his Gospel!!! It is true!!!

Love 

Elder Harker

No comments:

Post a Comment