Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Monday 1 October 2012

Monday Sept 17, 2012


Monday Sept 17, 2012

Wow that’s way awesome mom, the Lord prepares us in such ways that we can’t even realize!!!! It’s amazing how he prompts us to do things. I’ve had a few experiences this week where I just knew I had to do things a certain way and great blessings came of it. For example we were walking down the street through kind of an intersection and down the road we were passing I saw a guy washing his car. I thought I should go talk to that guy, he seems like a good contact and anyway I just felt I should. So we back track about half a block and went to go talk to him and turns out he’s talked with missionaries before and we set up a time to go back and visit him. He seems way cool and definitely is chosen to hear the gospel at this time.

Hey Familia!!!!!!!

 

So what’s up? Well it sounds like a lot has been up lately and things keep going on, with Stake Conference and the temple dedication, you’ve all had your plate really full and you keep marching forward as saints of God. I really enjoy hearing all of the experiences that you guys are having back home and it’s great to see that we are in this work together!!

 

So anyways it’s been a pretty faith testing week, it hasn’t been the best week overall but I know that the Lord has been watching over us every day. We have seen many miracles throughout the week be it big or small, the tender mercies of the Lord we have seen. It’s always amazing to just feel that strong impression or strong feeling that the spirit is with you and has helped you work in a way that’s not normal to complete the purposes of the Lord, and also to see that the hand of the Lord is always present in our lives. Man I love to see that and throughout this week I’ve recognized it more. For example the story I shared with mom about the guy washing his car which you can put on the blog if you want. But also just being able to see that we find people right in the moment they need it. Like the other day we were at the end of the day with almost no success. I think we had gotten into one house all day, and it was like 35 degrees during the siesta and man it was just a hard day on me. But the last thing we did for the day was go looking for a reference and we didn’t know exactly what house it was so we went to knock a house to see if they knew the person. So we knock. tuk tuk tuk and someone opens the door and says ¨do you want to come in Wow!!!! Amazing!! It wasn’t even the person we were looking for but we taught a great lesson and set up a time to come back. Man the lord blessed us. Other times where we were just able to teach in a simple form and testify about the truth of the BOM and everything just worked out. They accepted it and things just went well. I love to see things and just tiny miracles everyday and they happen all around us, we just need to realize what they are. Oh the gospel is so true and there’s no doubt about, God loves every single one of us and he knows when we are in times of need.

 

But other news for this week is that we also had Stake Conference which was pretty great and it was based all on missionary work which was great for all the members to hear, and at the end of the conference all the missionaries got up and sang us included, Called to Serve which was a great opportunity. 

 

Besides that we have Zone Conference tomorrow so we have to travel to Cordoba for that and we have to get up early tomorrow and oh I got your package!!!! Thank you soo much for everything!!! and oh my goodness the t-shirt is the best thing I have ever gotten in my entire life!!! How thoughtful was that!!!!! bahahahaha I laughed so hard when I opened it bahahaahahahahahahah it’s the greatest!!!! 

 

Well about wraps it all up so until next week family. I love you all tons and I hope you have a great week!!!!

 

Love

Elder Harker

 

No comments:

Post a Comment