Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Wednesday 16 May 2012

WEEK 41 - a great miracle!


Monday May 7th, 2012

A huge thank you to all the deacons in the ward who were so kind to write me some letters and also to Bishop and his family and to the Stanfords as well for all of their thoughts. It was a great days of letters!!

Hey guys!!



Well this week has been pretty good in my eyes.

We had some great success and we were also able to witness a few little miracles Actually one huge miracle. So let’s just start off with that shall we. Alright so lately we have been teaching this couple R and N and so when we first started to teach them they were living separate and so we put baptismal fecha with R. We weren’t yet able to do it with N. Well I should clarify we didn’t start teaching them the other Elders who were in our area before started to and when they left we took over. Anyway then after some time they moved back in together and so we were like pucha well that kinda blows but we’ll help them get married anyway and we’ll see what we can do. So we continued and this was last week but yesterday when we went to their house for lunch we were planning on talking about the law of chastity and marriage and all that and just saying to ourselves well it would be a miracle if they both wanted to get baptized and wanted to be married and already had all the documents necessary to do it. If they did then we have some connections to do it in like a week or 2. So we were saying that and when we went to go talk to them that’s exactly how it turned out!!!! They have everything and now they are preparing to be baptized for the 26th of this month and are gunna get married as soon as possible so it was a great day for a miracle!!! 



The rest of the week has been great too. We had a huge stake activity that we had like 25 investigators come to and it turned out great and a bunch of people were in church yesterday so things are looking up. We’re working with lots of people but I still find the need to get some new people to teach so that’s what we will work on this next week.  It’s gunna be a good week and we’re ready to get right back to working. It’s been amazing to see the hand of the Lord in our lives and I know it’s really  hard for me to see it sometimes. It is something that I’ve been trying to focus more on cause I can find myself thinking oh it’s just coincidence but really everything has a purpose and we have to try and understand what that purpose is. It is a great time to learn and lots more to come my way. 



I’m super happy to hear that you’re all doing so well and that life still moves on back home. It sounds like it was not as busy of a week but hey there’s more life to look forward to. 



But I better say it now cause it’ll be a while until the next time I can say it but HAPPY BIRTHDAY SASSSSY!!!!!!! Hope you have a great day tomorrow and let me know how your first date goes cause I’m sure you already have one lined up and if not then there’s always next week right?? But hey I hope you love it and do something tight!!! 



I guess that’s about all to say for now, but oh I guess I should tell you when I’m calling. One thing that our mission has allowed us to do is use skype (minus being able to use the camera) to call our families and that’s what my comp did the last time he called so I think we are gunna do that. I’ll probs be calling well after like 4 your time. I’ll call then on skype and I’m gunna buy a phone card just in case and then if skype doesn’t work then we’ll just do it like we did last time. 



I guess that’s all for now so I’ll talk to you all later

Love 

Elder Harker




No comments:

Post a Comment