Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Saturday 3 November 2012

4 weeks worth of news...


Monday October 8, 2012

 

 

All right now, so sorry but I don’t have a lot of time to write so I’m gunna have to make this a fast one.  This week was bitter sweet because it was a pretty hard week all in all. We worked really hard and now I’m just beat but it was rather a trying time. We are struggling to have people progress so that they can be baptized. It’s been a fight to get new people to come to church. Our persistence has not been too bad, but most has been people that we’ve been teaching for a while and so were trying to find some new people that can come to church and be baptised soon.

 

Things will keep moving forward and it was a real treat to go to Conference and hear such amazing talks. Man I can’t even name one talk I loved more than others but 2 that really stood out to me was Elder Eyring in the Sunday morning and Elder Holland’s as well. The Elder Holland address is nothing I haven’t seen before and I’ll tell you what I mean in the future. But anyway they were both great talks and really inspiring. 

 

So things keep moving forward and life moves on. The road is rough and there are always going to be big bumps in it but we got to get over those and just plow on through. I hope you guys have a good week and I’ll write more next week. I love you all. 

 

Love 

Elder Harker

 
Monday October 15, 2012
 
Hey Fam Jam, 
What’s shak’in babies???
 
Oh man, this week was sure a blessing. I don’t even know where to start but man I just loved every minute of it!!!! So anyways the big news is that we had another baptism!!!! His name is D and oh my goodness, he’s so chosen and I know for sure that one day he will become a great leader in the church!! He was telling his wife who was recently baptized that when he turns 40 he’s going to change his life, he has been telling her that since they have been married so for like more than 15 years. And what do you know; he was baptized like a month after he turned 40!!!! jajajajaj What a tender mercy of the Lord. He sure is special and had his fair share of problems and thoughts but he was baptized al final and I had the opportunity to confirm him a member of the church and confer upon him el don del espiritu santo. That was amazing as the spirit just flows through you and gives you exactly the words that you need to say. I love when experiences like that happen and man it makes one feel worthy of the work we are doing. 
 
So anyway that was one of the many things that has happened this week. We also had 11 people in church and we have quite a few more people lined up for baptism this month and in November we are just going to baptize a ful cause we have tons of people preparing to make this important covenant con el señor. Everyday has its hardships but hey everyday gets better, and it gives us time to grow. So I would say that this week was pretty normal too, we ran into our fair share of crazy people, with lots of things to say to us, at the moment I can’t think of anything in specific, but hey I’ll hit you guys up with a story next week.
 
The weeks are flying by and there is so little time left. I just know it’s time to get to work and get those chosen sheep into the fold of God. There is one shepherd and he has one fold, so now is the time to shine, and now is the time to get the work done. I’m grateful for all that you guys do for me, for all the letters you write and the encouragement you give me. I love you all so much and well be talking next week. 
 
Love
 
Elder Harker
Monday October 22, 2012
 
Happy Mother’s Day!!!!! 
 
Just like last year Mother’s Day here in Argentina was yesterday and so I hope you had a good day yesterday. But besides that no other holidays as of late. 
 
Life is good and its great/sad to hear the temple open house has come to an end. 
I am super proud of all of you for being such great missionaries and that you have brightened the lives of so many people by only inviting them to the most sacred place on planet earth. It sure must have been some great experiences being in the temple for all that time working and serving and I’m glad to hear that my fam was a big part of that as I’m sure lots of other families. 
 
Well this week was a good one. We had tons of success and saw lots of people in the church. We also got a turno for a couple that we are going to marry this next Monday and so they will be baptized on Nov 3 and this weekend we are looking at 5 baptisms so the Lord is blessing us for all the work that we are doing. It’s so amazing as I’ve said before to see the change that people make in their lives as they learn and live the gospel. It’s been a busy week and one thing that happened yesterday is that D (baptized last week) received the priesthood and this weekend will baptize his son, and so things are moving along and the people are happy. There are the challenges but who cares. Things are moving forward and those challenges are small if you’re on the Lord’s side. Sure sometimes they are tough to overcome but you can overcome them. 
 
Me and Elder L are just working away and trying to do what the Lord wants us to do, and this week we put a goal to just invite every single person we talk to to baptism and it worked. We had lots of people in church and now like 30 people with baptismal dates. It’s been interesting and I know that not all of them are going to progress but it’s time to show our faith to the Lord and he will do the rest. 
 
So this week I had kind of a nightmare!!! Well one morning I woke up after having a terrible dream that in it I saw one of our recent converts smoking!!! It  was scary cause she had to quit smoking to get baptized, and anyway we had planned to pass by her that day so I told her about my dream and good news is that she is not smoking so it was a little funny in the end. But anyway it’s always good to check right. 
 
Anyway the time keeps going and there is little time left to do the work and so its pedal to the metal to save the children of God!!!
I love you all soo much!!! 
cya later
Love
Elder Harker
Monday October 29, 2012
 
Hey Family!!!!
 
How’s life treat’in ya??

Well things at home seem pretty dang good and now it sounds like your gunna be a little bit stress free! With all the pageant and the Temple dedication over now it’s time to relax and go to the temple and receive all the blessings that lay inside!!! So, I’m way happy that all went well and now that beautiful Temple is a greater blessing to the members of the church. 
 
So anyway this week for us has been quite a busy one!!!! The baptism went well after a long hard week of work!!! We had 5 children be baptized and they all had the support of their families and so now it’s time to work on them. But anyway all went well and we had to prep a lot of things for the baptismal service but in the end it all worked out just fine and it sure was a spiritual experience. The spirit was soo strong in the meeting even though we had some unplanned events added to the agenda. It was way funny cause as we were ending the meeting my phone rang in the middle of the last testimony and I was the one conducting the service. Then the lady who is a recent convert who was supposed to give the prayer gave like a half prayer half testimony with her eyes open and so it was really awkward so we ended with another Hermano giving the prayer. And then one of the interesting old ladies in the ward who was directing the music just got up after the prayer and shared how she felt so much joy in her heart that she wanted to sing There is Sunshine in my Soul today and so we sang that and man it was just a huge gong show. I’m sure the visitors were just like what is going on. I have to say it was really hard cause I was trying not to laugh as I was on the stand, but anyway it all worked out just fine and then the service ended with refreshments.
 
This morning we have more great news as a matrimony that we have been working with this last little while got married this morning!!! We just came from the wedding and so it was super special to see a family be formed and then they are getting baptized with their niece this weekend. So things are working out just dandy and the Lord is blessing us soo much as we keep working hard!!! Things are good here and there is still lots to do and lots to improve but it’s all a work in progress and so I’m excited to see how the next week turns out. 
 
I guess that’s about all the news I have for now but it’s been a good week with lots of learning experiences. Anyway I guess I’ll catch you later love ya tons!!!!
 
Love 
Elder Harker

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment