Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Monday 19 November 2012

Hard work, bit by a scorpion and happy to be back to work!


Monday November 5, 2012

 

Dear Harker Family, 

 

A busy week and I am beat to death!!!!! aahhhhhh but it feels way good at the same time knowing that we worked hard and we had the blessings that come from it. We were blessed with another 4 baptisms this weekend and the matrimony we had last week was baptized and their family was completed. It was soo amazing and man I love all these people. They are just soo great and have a love for the gospel, it just fills my little soul with joy!!

We had a fun filled weekend with lots of stress cause even though they were baptized the mind goes crazy.  Now it’s time to relax a little bit but not too much. 

 

So this week tons has been happening and it’s sad cause I don’t have a lot of time to explain it all but we worked super hard and now my body is reacting with physical pain. Oh well things to deal with. But one cool story that I can tell you is that E the guy who was baptized. The husband told us yesterday that for years he has been telling his wife that when he turns 32 he’s going to change his life. Its way wired to hear to cause he turned 32 this year and the other baptism we had like 3 weeks ago D he also said that when he turned 40 he was going to change his life, and so look at that, within 3 weeks 2 people who said the exact same thing joined the church!!!! What milagros!!!!

Well I’m sorry but I gotta go, just so you know I’m happy and smiling, I’m working hard and I love you all soo much!!! Hope you have a gooder!!!

 

Love 

Elder Harker

 

Monday November 12, 2012

 

Hey Guys!!!!!!! 

 

Well let us start with the good news first, I got the package that you sent and I give many thanks for that!!!!! It was a nice surprise and was well needed, although I am not as big as I once was so the shorts are a little wide but oh well I’ll make due ahahahaha. So this week has been an interesting one and well I was able to work a little bit on those school essays too cause I had some extra time fall into my lap and that’s where the bad news comes in. 

 

I was bitten or stung or something by a scorpion!!!!!! Fun right? So there’s the news and so one day I woke up to a knee that was all swollen, red and burning hot. There is liquid underneath the skin of my knee and so I’ve just been having the week of my life. I went to the doctor and he gave me some antibiotics so I am taking those but unfortunately I have had to stay inside taking sweet care of my knee all this week. We tried to work at the beginning of the week and visit the people that were of most importance but it didn’t get any better and so then we had to take a little more time to rest so that it could start improving. By now it’s not too bad, it’s not all better though and so I still have to watch it and we’ll see what the doctor has to say tomorrow. Hopefully they won’t have to operate to take the liquid out but we’ll see what happens. All I have to say is don’t worry I’ll be fine. If I lose a leg while I’m here, it’s just a piece of me that I’ll leave with my mission. hahahaha jk I’ll be ok. It hasn’t been the funnest week for me. Luckily I have been able to read A LOT!!!!

 

This week we also had to travel to Cordoba because we had a special visit from Elder Jorge F Zeballos of the seventy come and tour the mission We had a special zone conference with him!!!!!! It was way awesome and the spirit was just so strong and so evident throughout the whole thing!!! I loved it. He talked a lot about love and how everything we do and learn is all about love. The work of God, the plan of salvation everything is based on love. The love God has for us and the love that we have for him. It was really great to listen to him and his wife speak as they delivered such inspiring messages. 

 

Anyway I don’t have a ton of time left, but that’s about what’s up with me nothing to new and nothing too exciting but don’t worry I’ll be fine and hopefully I have something great to tell you next week!!!! So anyway until then, I love you all soo much.

 
Elder Harker


Monday November 19, 2012

 

Hey Family!!!

 

Ok well this week has been a lot better than the last because I got to go out and work!!!!!!!!!

My knee was still infected a little but the work doesn’t stop for that. It’s gotten a lot better and still has to improve a little but I’m still taking antibiotics and taking care of it the most I can so things are good and hopefully by next week it will be all better!!

 

So anyway the news for this week. Let’s start with the news that a recent convert father was able to baptize his son this weekend!!! It was such a special experience and the spirit was sooo strong in that baptismal service. It was absolutely amazing and T (the son) after he was baptized just did even know what to do with the feelings he had and just started to cry. He is the son of D and A who have been baptized while I’ve been here and now we’ve been able to see the family be completed! Wow how blessed we have been with so many people coming in to the waters of baptism. It sure is an amazing time to be here and I love the mission and just the work!!! The blessings we have been receiving from the Lord have just been incredible!!!

 

In other news I don’t really know what to say. We had transfer this week and I’m staying here in Bimaco, and well we are just working super hard. I don’t really have a lot of time left but I just love it here. I’m happy for all the days I have to serve the Lord and well it’s time to use them to the best of my ability. Really I just love all that goes on here and the people are amazing and just I love them all. There are the tough times but all I know is that this church is true. This work is inspired from on high, and I know that Jesus is the Christ. I am here to help these people make covenants with their Heavenly Father and I want nothing more than to help those people do exactly that. I know that what I am doing right now is more important than anything else I could be doing in my life. And I know that every able young man needs to serve a mission. So for all those who are of age help them get to a point in life where they can go on a mission. It will change their life. It makes me soo happy to hear that Shane C and Lincoln have their papers in. 

So I am a happy boy and that’s about all I have to say for now. I love you all sooooo much and I give you all one big baptismal hug. 

 

Love Elder Harker

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment