Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Sunday 16 December 2012

working hard, lots of success and it's heating up


Monday November 26, 2012

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

That makes me sooo happy to hear about Lincoln and Tyler!!!  They are going to be such great missionaries!!!

Man there are soo many changes going on back home its nuts!!!! But oh well that’s how life is. 

 

A little about my life as of late. Well I have a new companion and he is ELDER C! Way cool and he’s from CHILE and so we’re having a blast just working away. I love him and he’s just a ball of energy and full of desire to work his butt off. I love him soo much and I’m super happy that he is here with me. I live with 3 Latinos and those 3 Latinos are all Chileans!!!!  I love them all and I actually love speaking Spanish more than English so it makes me a super happy camper!!

 

So besides that the Lord continues to bless us everyday day and every week and just all the time!!! I know that he is watching over us as we do his work and well he blessed us with another beautiful baptism where we were able to complete a family. C the father of D who was just baptized about 3 weeks ago entered into the waters of baptisms and man it was so special!!! And then the other person that was baptized is named R and guess what she is Chilean tambien!!! But it has been a great week and I love the work soo much!

 

Things keep going well as we keep working hard. I have no doubt in my mind that God exists and loves every single one of us because we are his children. I’m grateful for the testimony I have and that I can share it with those around me every day. It sure is a blessing to me to be able to do that. Anyway that’s about all the news that I have for now but I’ll let you know what’s up next week!!!

 

I LOVE YOU ALL

 

Elder Harker

 

Monday December 3, 2012

 

Wad up Fam ???

 

Well, well ,well, sounds like you are a busy folk. It makes me super happy to hear that all is well back in the good ol winter wonderland. Sounds like it’s pretty cool over there and well we are in the oven over here and summer hasn’t even started yet.  It’s been about 35 on average these days and so we are working hard and well drinking lots of water!!

 

But it’s all just dandy my family and well I love the work more than anything in the world!!! We had the baptism of G this week and man she is a way cool girl and going to be a super fiel miembro de la iglesia. She has changed her life so much and it was soo amazing to see her enter the waters of baptism. It’s the best thing in the world to see when children of God make covenants with their Father. What a blessing to be a part of that decision. 

 

Things are going well and we are seeing lots of success. The ward is doing good and one of our recent converts D is on fire!!! He just preaches the gospel to everyone and shares with them how he changed his life as he came from a pretty sketchy background. He was just called to be our new ward mission leader and i just know he’s going to be amazing and I’m excited to see the work we will be able to do together!!!


Well I don’t know what else to tell you. I just am having the time of my life although lots of times it’s hard and there are many difficulties the work goes on and it’s time to keep moving forward. About the Christmas call cause we got the email today. I don’t know how that day will be working out yet but I’ll let you know in the weeks to come when I will call and by what means. Until next week my beloved ones. Chau

Love Elder Harker

Monday December 3, 2012

 

Hey dad!!! 

 

So things are just wonderful here in Argentina and yup, so far we have been baptizing every week for the last while and it’s not that common, as the mission standard is about one per month. It is very possible to baptize more than one per month but the Lord has been blessing us tremendously!! About church, we have never had 30 investigators in church one Sunday but lately we have been having around 10 which is still a lot for the average missionary here. Lots of missionaries right now I think are having success if they are working hard, but I must say that I feel very blessed to be where I am and to be seeing such success in our ward.  When I first got here in the mission we baptized about 75 per month let’s say, and then we were going for about 100 and now we are averaging about 150 per month. But this month we are pushing to get 200 baptisms. The retention rate I don’t know the specific numbers, but it depends on the ward because we can’t always pass by the recent converts and so we have to manage our time well. It all depends on the ward really and the retention rate is not great but it’s improving.

 

So that’s what’s happening in the mission these days. But man I love the mission and it is such a great experience. We had some more success brought our way as G was baptized this weekend, and well hay qye trabajar y  ´hay que hacerlo, no hay excusas´

I love you

 

Elder Harker

 

Tuesday December 11, 2012


 

I hope you had a good one. Well all in all sounds like the world keeps moving on and well it’s great to hear, especially about all the things going on back home, you guys are the best ever!!! I have the best family in the world!! So I’m super happy that all went well with bball and the singing, and way to go mom out with the missionaries!! Also with activities and well all that stuff that you have been doing way to go!!!

 

As for me, well I’m tired but its good because we are working our butts off and literally because it is soo hot!!! Man I feel like I come home everyday like 10 pound slighter. ahhahah not actually but it’s hot, and I love it!!! This week we had the baptism of R, who is a man we have been teach for the last couple of weeks. Way chosen and just was so willing to keep all of the commitments we left with him and just a way good example of being willing to do the will of God. He’s a great man and it was super great to see him get baptized!!!

 

Another great thing that happened is that on Sunday we had a bunch of new people in church and we are working with all the family of E and R who were baptized recently and well they have a huge family. This next week E grandma is getting baptized and well she is a great great grandmother and so we are working with all her and her husband’s posterity and well they have a lot, plus they all live in our area!!!!!!  The work is great and we are seeing tons of fruits from the work we are doing here. 

 

Yesterday we had our Christmas conference and so that’s why I’m writing today, but man it was super fun although it killed me and I’m super tired from it. We didn’t sleep in 2 hours cause we had to get up at 2 am to travel to Cordoba and then we had the conference did some activities and played futbol and then travel back to Rio Cuarto and got home at like 2 am so it was tough but I loved it!!! We had a super great conference and well I got your package and it’s the 10th so I decided to open it instead of wait and thank you soo much!!! for the ties and the candy and the caramels all way delicious and just thanks!!!! So all is well from that and well we had a great day!!!! 

 

Apart from all that everything is normal and I just love it here. I’m excited for the Christmas season cause we are going to work way hard and just help soo many people!!! ahhh its amazing the Lord showers us with blessing and well I am grateful every day for that. I know this is the work of the Lord and this is the true church that teaches the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that he lives and that this is the time to remember the birth of our Lord and Saviour. I hope you have a great week. 

 

Lots of Love

Elder Harker

No comments:

Post a Comment