Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Sunday 13 January 2013

his emails seem to be getting shorter, but he is still happy and loving the work!


Monday December 17, 2012

 

Hey Fam Jam, 

 

Sorry I don’t have much time cause we’re a little bit behind, but hey I’ll start with the phone call before it leaves my head. So the next week our pday will be moved to Tuesday as it is Christmas day and we will be able to call then.
 

All in all life with all you seems great and it makes me soo happy to hear of all the things going on over there. I am happy here and we keep being blessed with tons of success. This weekend we baptized A. She is awesome, she’s the grandmother of E and so if you’re keeping up with the history we are just working with tons of families!!! It’s amazing to see soo many people making the decision to be baptized and well I love just working here. This place is amazing and well there is a ton still to learn but man I’m ready. All I know is that there is no place anywhere that I’d rather be. 

 

I got your package with the ties and such and thank you very much for that!!!! I don’t really know what else to say but hey we’ll be talking soon. I hope you have a great week and good job to everyone who did something awesome this week, aka Sara and Erin singing, and Jonny talking and well anyone else I forgot. I love you all, soo sorry I’m short for time. Chau

 

Love 

Elder Harker
 
Monday, December 31, 2012
 
 
Hey sorry I don’t have any time to write I’m just going nuts but.....
 
MISION DE SION!!!!
 
(Mission of Zion)
 
I love you all sooo much and well I’ll be writing a lot more next week to explain but just to say that we ended the week with a baptism and it’s time to work even though there are transfers this week. I love the work and we’ll see what happens next week, I love you. 
 
Elder Harker
It was great talking to Kent at Christmas and one thing he wanted to pass on was a big hello to all the ward members, family and friends – Hola from Elder Harker

Monday January 7, 2013

 

 

Well, well, well, I’m sorry the last email was not that long but hey I’m still alive. We had a little zone celebration last pday for the goals we were able to accomplish. 

 

So anyway the big news for the week is that we baptized C!!!!! He’s an 88 year old man who is husband to A that older lady we baptized a few weeks ago and man their family is special!!!! I love them!!!! and in fact later today we’re gunna go play card games with them, not rook but oh well we get to play truco which is a way fun card game they taught us and man I just love playing games like that.. The baptismal service of C was soooo special and the spirit was just so strong!!! Super great family and all of them just accept the gospel of Jesu Cristo sooooo easily, I love it!!!!

 

Apart from that all is normal nothing really that new. We just keep working and we keep moving forward. There’s still ALOT to learn and man I find new things to work on every single day. Its hard being a missionary but hey I love it!!! There is literally nothing in the world I would rather be doing than sharing the gospel!!!!

 

To make this letter not soo short I’ll share with you something that I was studying this week. One day I went to read a little about Abraham and man he was sooo obedient. I didn’t even realize it. I started to look at his family and I’ve read the book of Abraham before when it talks about as a child or youth his parents were going to let him be sacrificed by a heathen priest of Elkanah. Well it’s interesting to see that after that experience as a child the Lord then asked him to do the same with his son, Isaac. To sacrifice him as an offering to God and well we all know how that turned out. But interesting and amazing to see the obedience of Abraham having to repeat and relive a little of what was going to happen to him. 

Well just a few thoughts!!

 

Hey I love you all and well stay safe

 

Love 

Elder Harker

 

No comments:

Post a Comment