Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Wednesday 12 October 2011

WEEK 11 - How to kill a chicken, blisters and learning about covenants

Monday October 10, 2011
Ok so I’ve got lots to say today so I hope I can say it all.

 So this week has had its ups and down just like usual but more ups than downs at least I would say.  My comp is great, we get along well and sometimes just like anyone you have your disputes but we can usually work it out in about 5 min and then get over it and so it’s all good.  He’s a really hard worker and he loves the work and the people so it looks like its gunna be a good transfer. I enjoy his company and we get a lot done and I have the blisters to prove it!! I now have 4 on each foot so ya I’m working pretty hard I think and don’t worry mom I’m fine just to let you know.  


This last week we had what is called an intercambio aka splits and so I went to another area and was with Elder Casas, he’s a pretty cool guy and so we had a lot of walking cause all of our appointments fell through on us except 2 and their area is pretty big and has a lot of hills so it was a long day of walking, but still it was good.  The blessing was I got to do a lot of contacting that day, I got like 13 or something and this week I got 47 on my own and I had the most in the district cause we had a little competition to see who could get the most.


So some interesting things that happened this week, well where to start.  I definitely learned how to kill a chicken the other day.  I know now that all you have to do is put it in a yard with 2 dogs and they will tear it apart and yes I did see that, it was really kind of cool idk but ya we saw 2 dogs just destroy this chicken.  Then the roof was fun we took a bunch of pics and we can see our whole area from up there because our area is not that big but it was awesome to see all of that.  And now I’m starting to improve slow but sure at futbol we play every week and sometimes more with investigators so hopefully by the time I get back I’ll be like Messi hahah I wish.  Some of the people here are still using a horse and buggy to get around so I also thought that was a little interesting..... hhhmmmmm what else.  The other day it was pouring buckets and I got to use my rain coat and I found out that it really is 100 percent water proof so that’s good .

 Ok so onto investigators, we are working with many and some are progressing really well but I’ve found that the church attendance is the biggest difficulty here in Argentina. They really like to make commitments and then not keep them.  So that’s what me and Elder Lerma have been working on this week and will continue to is getting our investigators to church. We did have one this week who came and that’s good but we have about 5 investigators that are doing well but out of those 5 only one came.  Then our star investigator, his name is J and he’s great.  He didn’t commit to come to church and that’s why I like him because he’s not putting it off until he knows he can but he doesn’t want to fill his plate with too much. He really enjoys our lessons and when we teach him I always feel the spirit soo strong. He understands well and he wants to keep moving forward and I really hope all works out with him.


One thing Elder Lerma taught me and which is very special to me now is that we can make covenants with God and I mean our own, I never really knew that.  We decided to make one with our Heavenly Father and in it we asked for specific things and in return we would provide ourselves to him and do specific things to earn our end of the covenant. This has been a great experience so far because I feel I have really given myself to the Lord to do what he wants me to do.  Our relationship with the Lord is very special and we need to always try and understand and learn more about the bond we have with the Lord. Through this experience I have felt the spirit more abundantly in my life and I feel I am more prone to the promptings of the spirit.  It’s really been a learning experience as well because I now understand him a little bit more. I challenge you to find out the connection you have with our Father in Heaven and strive to strengthen that connection.  I miss you guys’ a lot and I am doing well here in Argentina but I love you!

 Well that’s kinda been my week just work, sleep, work ,sleep and then some futbol so it’s pretty good I like it, But let me know what’s going on with you guys?? I always want to know what my fam is up to.  But I think that’s about all I have to write for now but maybe I'll think of something quick.
Oh and one more thing, Tyler said he saw 5 people on a moped and I saw not 6 people but a guy riding his bike carrying an entire bed!!!! haha I thought it was funny!

But Love you lots and hope to hear from you next week!!

xoxoXxOOxOoXOxOoxxoOxOxoxXOOXXoXoXo


No comments:

Post a Comment