Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Monday 24 October 2011

WEEK 13 - a whole talk in Spanish, washing clothes by hand?, and riding a motorbike

Monday October 24, 2011

Well hey there buddies!!

So first off I would like to say thank you for all the addresses and also for the recipes it will really come in handy. Thanks for all the support and love. I really enjoy getting all your letters it always makes Pday so much fun!! Got lots to write today so better get to it.

So this week has been pretty good we did a lot as usual but idk its weird to think that I’ve already been here for pretty much a month.  Times really does fly while you are here and it seems like the transfer is almost over.  So I have not told you my area so I better do that now.  It’s called Renacimiento and it’s a pretty small area lots of walking and like you would see in the pics just house by house by house and it just goes on forever haha but no it’s really good.  It’s like the ghetto of Cordoba and it’s within the city on the east side and is pretty cool. We are not allowed to go to some areas after 6 pm because it gets too dangerous and there have been incidents with Elders being chased out by gun point and stuff like that. But the area is really good and just trying to work hard and do our very best here.

More about my comp is, so he is Elder L he is from Texas and so I think I’m destined to be with every Elder from Texas cause I’ve gotten 2 in a row so far haha but ya his family are all members, mom dad 1 bro 2 sis and he was a marine and served 4 years in the military which I think is pretty awesome, he is 23 and he’s a great missionary and he is serving as District leader so ya that’s my comp.

We have an investigator here named M and she is about 50 + year old and she came to church this week and so this is her second attendance, and so now we just need to get her an interview because she is going to be baptized this Saturday so that should be exciting.  She is super cool and really receptive and we are also teaching her son and his wife too! Such a great family. But actually they are not married and that’s one thing about Argentina, because it takes so long to get married on paper people don’t actually get married they just move in together and say they are which is hard and why it takes people so long to get baptized sometimes cause they have to get married first which is kind of a bummer.

But ya as I said lots has happened and one of those things was I gave my first talk on Sunday here in Argentina, and it had to be all in Spanish this time so that was a little scary but man I liked it, it was weird I was nervous but not at the same time and I definitely know the Lord was helping me while I was speaking. It was also a blessing because I was talking about the BOM and so I really enjoyed talking about that and the power that it has. I was also able to learn a lot of things just for myself this week.  Something’s happened during the week and I was really able to learn a good lesson about trust and what trust is, and I guess vie never really thought about it before, I’ve just always assumed that I’ve always known but really I haven’t and it took me this long to figure out really what full trust means. and that’s something I really want to have is trust with myself, with the Lord and with my companion because I know now that when we can have trust with these people that our work can become a lot easier and will start to get better in everything that we do.

Another interesting thing that happened this week was that I was able to give a blessing well I didn’t give it but I was able to anoint the oil because a sister that we are super close with and she is the best sister in our ward, man I love her, she has such a good heart but anyway I was able to anoint and Elder Lerma gave the blessing so that was interesting.  It was so hard to say the words in Spanish and I had such a hard time but that’s just how it goes sometimes. ALSO I had my first motorcycle ride of my life on Friday, so we were late getting to the chapel for futbol on Friday and our investigators that come were driving by and stopped to offer us a ride and here like everyone has mopeds or motorcycles cause they don’t have the money for cars and so me and Elder L just hopped on the back and got to ride on them to the chapel haha that was pretty fun.

Also you might have seen the pics I had so now we are doing our own wash and so this is how we wash our clothes now and man am I grateful for a washing machine and dryer back home, it saves soooo much time and energy but that’s how life is now and I can be grateful when I get home.  There is also this Elder here named Elder B and me and him are soo tight, we are in the same district so we see each other pretty often, but man he’s a great guy and a good missionary. Me and him have so much in common and I love him he’s just so sweet and I’m definitely chillin with this guy after the mish haha but we just like the same stuff and have such good times together.

But hey it’s time for some things, that’s so great Tim got his mission call! I’m pumped for him and Spanish too!! It’s so cool to hear other people getting their calls and also that he leaves on Nov 30th that is soooo soon!!! It’s weird to think how fast that is!  And I can’t remember if I said it last week but for Jeremy too!! Wow mandarin that is gunna be awesome! He is going to  have such a good time and I’m excited to see how it is learning that language!  So I have got dear elders from Sept 27 but nothing else yet and it all depends on the office because everything goes through there so things take quite the while to get here just to let you know.

And Sara that is so cool that you got into the speech thing and got 3rd place too!! I remember I was in the competition in g10 but I defs didn’t win anything but hey that’s soo cool for you and I’m glad you did it.

I don’t know what really else to write oh mom if you could send me the recipe for french onion soup that would be awesome and I would love to make that!  But everything is cool here there is a lot more stuff that happens here that I don’t say that I don’t have time to say but just know there is more things happening that what you hear and 99 percent of them are good!  But I love you guys and hope all is well with you all and I want you all to know that I love you and think about and pray for you!! Anyway until next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment