Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Sunday 6 November 2011

WEEK 14 - made it out safely and painting a seniors home!

Thursday, Nov 3, 2011
Hey Family!!

 So I’m glad you got a notice that I would not be writing until today so that was really nice to hear cause I knew mom would probably be freaking out if she didn’t know haha but anyway I’m doing fine and the reason it was delayed is because we had transfer call early and I don’t know why, anyway that’s the reason.  I am staying here in Renacimiento with Elder L so I’m excited for this next transfer and I’m looking forward to it.

So first off let’s say a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PAPI!!!! Its weird that I’m gone for your birthday but I hope it’s a good one and you don’t feel too old, and I’m thinking of you and hope that you can feel my love.  

Ok so what to say first well let’s start with the most insane thing first and then it can get a little more boring from there, ok so this is story time with Kent ---- So we have this red zone in our area that is more dangerous than all the other parts and last week we found this lady down there whose really interested in the gospel and then finding her led to finding like 3 other families so it was way good to go down there but one day aka Tuesday we were walking out of that area and it was like 430 or 5 and cause its dangerous we’re supposed to be out of there at like 6 so ya anyway we are walking out and I see this guy walking toward us and Elder L is on the phone with someone and we’re walking and this guys starts to cut across and is gunna walk in front of us, and I’m just thinking ¨he’s gunna try to take our phone¨ and my mind was going faster than my body and I wasn’t able to say it in time and so he grabs the phone and tries to take it away from Elder L and then Elder L’s marine past kicks into gear and they start going at it and the thief starts to back up and puts his hand near his belt and we are both thinking he has a knife or a gun or something and he’s gunna take it out and so Elder L charges him before he could take it out. It only ended up being a glasses case we found out later but at this point I was just in shock and was like what!?!?!?! is this really happening?? and then they were fighting and wrestling for a bit and Elder L got this guy in a hold from behind and he yelled at me ¨hit him¨ and so I went in on this guy and just started hitting him and Elder L is kneeing him from behind and then Elder L picks him up and slams him on the ground and while we were fighting there were 3 dogs around us and then they came and started biting him and Elder L,  luckily I didn’t get bit but we’re kicking this guy on the ground and he starts yelling stop stop and so we do and he gets up and starts running away but as we go to get our books we realize the phone is still on the ground and the thief picks up a pretty big rock and starts coming back at us so we run back at him and then he ran away  Then we got out of there cause in case he came back with friends and then to make the story shorter what ended up happening is cause Elder L got bit we went to our mission leaders house to check out the bite and then went to medical to get it sorted out and he’s fine just needs to take some pills so he doesn’t get rabies or any other viruses but ya we’re all good now.  We just can’t go back to that area in case they are looking for us and they want to kill us. These people and very vengeful and probs should have just given him the phone but what happened happened and we are fine we just need to watch out.

Well anyway enough of those kinds of stories but I’m doing good, just a little bit of an adrenaline rush here and there but ya don’t worry we’re safe. And we are doing our best to do the work, the last week we were also able to participate in service which was fun we had almost 2 zones there and we helped paint an old folks home and so that was really fun but it was soo tiring cause we were out all day in the sun so it made me really tired by the end, but we try to have service every week but it’s hard to find it sometimes but this was really something that was fun and could do with a lot of help.

Um so for the Bishop about the dates, well I’d have to say my top 5 would be ......... wow this is really kinda hard, but.  Zoo lights was a good one, ice blocking but that’s summer but maybe sledding, pumpkin carving slash making cookies, have two couples make a dinner for each other with a certain budget, rock climbing, lazer tag, I don’t really know just be creative that’s all I gotta say, I know my ideas cost money but you can do a lot of things that are really cheap and are super fun, like ice skating I’m just trying to think for winter I got a lot more summer ideas but it’s too cold for that. Anyway good luck.

 I don’t really know what else to write my mind is kind of at a blockage but I’m doing really well just trying to do the work as best I can and I’m having a blast out here. I am really trying to think of an experience to share but I’m totally blanking right now, I guess if I chose one it would be that fasting really works. We’ve still been having a harder time with our ward as I’ve said before, but anyway we decided to fast for help with them and as soon as we started to fast we had a meeting with our Bishop and the blessings start to come. Sometimes they are very hard to see or we don’t see them if we are not looking to find them. What may just seem like chance it’s not.  The Lord is there and wants to answer our prayers; I know that fasting really works and boy does it help!! I know this is true I know that God really does love us and wants to help us in every way possible, but just trust in him and have faith and its all gunna work out.

Well not too much else to report, but I’m doing good I’m hot always cause its way hotter here!!! It’s not even summer yet!!! It’s brutal but whatever that’s life now and I’ll get used to it hope all is well with you and Happy Birthday again Dad hope it’s a good one!!!

Love your kid 

Elder Harker

No comments:

Post a Comment