Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Monday 14 November 2011

WEEK 16

Their apartment - cleaning up after it flooded

The new arrivals - Kent with his mission president and all the new missionaries

Blisters. ew.

Kenty's investigators.

Kent with his companion Elder Lerma

Roof top view!

Going for a little swim on the way to church!
Monday November 14, 2011

Hey guys so let’s see what should I say today
Well let’s start with a hello to all my family, friends and other loved ones.


So some exciting news for this week was that I got to talk with E Henry!!! We had a nice little chat for a bit and talked about oh the good ol days and such, but ya it was really awesome to be able to hear a familiar voice Sounds like he’s doing good and I’m pumped to work with him some day while I’m here!  To move on I had quite the experience yesterday. The streets were way flooded and so we took off our socks and shoes and rolled up our pants and walked bare foot to our investigators and this was to get them to go to church , and so ya to answer your question we do go out and get them all on Sunday morning but again about them going to church, it’s hard to get them to go out, but yesterday we were able to have 2 investigators at church!!! That was a great blessing for us, and one is way cool he is 12 years old and has bronchitis right now  but ya so he is a trooper and things are looking well for him. We really want to go over and give him a blessing though cause he has been sick for some time.  Yesterday morning was quite the adventure but it was all a good time too!! 



This week I was able to do a little bit of service while Elder L contacted this girl, she was separating dirt from rocks with this kind of grate type thing and so while they were talking I was throwing dirt! It was kind of a different thing to do but hey its service so I was happy to help out and that was a good deed for the day.  This week has definitely been a step up from last week and I’m excited to see the next few weeks cause I think or at least it looks like we are going to have some baptisms on the 26th of this month!  The work is moving forward and we are coming up with some good ideas to help out the members and the investigators!



Speaking of good ideas I did hear about that day of dedication from the Bishop. I got a letter from him last week and also a bracelet to go along with it. I was wondering if maybe you could send me more details on that or if he could because me and Elder L thought it was a really great idea and we want to present it to our Mission Pres so that we can work with the Stake to get something like that for our temple in Cordoba. Anyway I thought it was an awesome idea and we would like to use it if that’s all good with the Bishop.

 But I know this church is true I know the gospel blesses lives and I can see it when we teach people, I’m so happy to be here doing the work and it will only get better from here. I know what we share is the truth and that I can share this with everyone is a blessing in my life!

Anyway till next time

Love your son

Elder Harker


No comments:

Post a Comment