Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Friday 25 November 2011

WEEK 17 - Amazing week and flaming pig

Hey Fam!!! Great to hear from you guys!!



Sorry I got no new pics for this week so if you will please forgive me, lately I haven’t been taking as many and so I guess I better get on that but, I don’t really know how to describe this week but it was amazing!!



Well first off we had 5 people at church and so that was way ballin!! I was so pumped and these people are soo amazing I love them, I’m just soo happy to see the progress that they have made and they just continue to grow and it’s so amazing to see them keep pushing forward and keep working hard. We have this one investigator and her name is Adriana and man she is the bomb. She is pretty much baptizing herself and she is reading lots and loved coming to church she is my favourite and I know the Lord has things planned for her I’m pumped!



But ya to answer your questions I guess I sent those letter like I’d say about 2 and a half weeks ago so I guess it wasn’t too long which is pretty good considering our mail system so ya I’m happy about that. It sounds like you are all keeping busy with basketball and work and dates and playing rook.......without me!! hahah no but it’s all good and I’m happy you are having just as good of a time as I am!! About email we get an hour and 15 min and we can use it how we can so if we don’t use it all at once you can do it again but most of the time you don’t have time to go again so if you do it’s a blessing but we go to these comp places where you just pay a bit to use it for the time and so it’s not too bad and they are all over the place so you usually just walk to them. So it’s pretty easy to use I would say. About the language its coming slow but sure at times its hard and at times its easy but really now I’m understanding a lot more and I’m just trying to work on the technicalities and learning new words which will all take a while so ya its a work in progress still but hey that’s what life is about.



Really nothing to exciting happened this week just had a good working week and it was a blast but last night we had a little adventure. At first we went to this members house for dinner and we were already stuffed from having lunch and we don’t eat or at least I don’t eat too much anymore, and so this guy is like well I hope you’re hungry and also said I hope you have your camera, unfortunately we didn’t.  He brings out this huge pan with just this pig leg all cooked on it. Then he pours some kind of alcohol on it and lit it on fire and it looked so sweet I wish I got a picture and so for dinner we ate this flaming pig leg!! It was so delicious I wished you guys could try it. While we were there it just started pouring and there was so much thunder and lightning and it was coming down like no other, and the power went out and so for the remainder of the evening we were eating pig leg by candle light and it was very romantic. But ya it was super great I loved it!! At the end of dinner he always tries to get me so say to his wife, gracias por su pokeria, and that means thanks for your garbage but I didn’t this time and I did last time cause I did know what it meant but it was all in good fun hahah but ya so that was an adventure and then luckily he gave us a ride home after but the other Eders in our pension were not so lucky and had to walk home in the pouring rain in the rivers for like a half an hour so that was rough for them, but then it was just a good night..



That’s my adventure for the week and it’s just been a great week like I said for work and to grow spiritually and right now our companionship is as strong as ever and I love it. I’m doing great sorry I don’t have much time left, but I love you all and I’ll write you next week!!



Love Elder Harker


No comments:

Post a Comment