Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Wednesday 30 November 2011

WEEK 18 - Service, Service, Service

Kent with Elder Bridge

Kent licking the brownie spoon

Kent with their sausages, almost as tall as him - that is a lot of sausages

Monday Nov 28, 2011

Alright so it’s time for a real letter

So fam what is up with you this week, and the answer better be like pretty amazing cause that is what I pray for every day.


It sounds like it’s going pretty well and I’m so happy to hear from you every week, but anyway time to start so let’s go with service first.  And oh man we had a lot of service this week and I loved it!!! First off we go to teach this guy named F and he is 11 years old and his mom is inactive and we go there just expecting to share a lesson and a good thought with him cause he is preparing for baptism. They weren’t there and his grandparents live behind them and they are inactive and so we went to see if they were home, but to make this long story short what ended up happening is that we went planning to teach a lesson and we finished by re-roofing their house. We were still in our shirts and ties and so it was pretty fun but this week was way hot and so I was on the roof and we threw the metal off and then swept it and put new stuff on and then nailed it down but I was dying the whole time cause it was soo hot. And then more service that day we went and helped a less active family smash up their like I don’t know like side path way beside their house to make way for us laying pipe. This is an ongoing service project and we will be back to help them finish up cause we couldn’t do it all in one day.  Then other days we have helped move big cabinets out of people’s houses and smashed them up and ya so it’s been a great week for service and it feels so great to help people with stuff like this!! 


So next I guess I should talk about the service of making brownies and mom you should be really proud of me because through watching you make brownies so many times I think I’ve developed your sweet loving way in which you prepare and cook it well I guess bake it. But ya we made brownies this week twice for 2 different families and it turned out pretty well I think well actually one of the times I burnt the edges a little but the other one turned out really well so I’ll be using that for probs the rest of my mission.  I’ll have to make it when I get home but me and Elder L made this bomb salsa that tastes soo dang good and I’m not going to spoil the surprise but I know home time is a long way off but ask me about the agasani salsa when I get home ok haha.

Some other news is that this week I found out that I have to give a talk on the 11th of December so I need to start preparing now. Please pray for me cause its gunna be or I guess has to be about 15 min and all Spanish and ya I need to sound intelligent and like I know what I’m talking about so your prayers about that would help but just something in the life of a missionary. In other news I have a little bit of a story. 


Last week we were just walking down the street and this lady came up to us and she started asking if we were the missionaries and stuff like that and then started saying, like I need your help because I was talking to my pastor and he said he couldn’t help me but look for these people describing us and they are more spiritually prepared to help you!!  Crazy huh??  She came up to us and we set up a visit for later and then when we went to teach her she said there was like bad spirits in here house so we left with a prayer in her home and we will go see her again next week but I thought it was cool how her pastor said we were more spiritually prepared.


But hey I’m really proud of Sara for making the team that’s gunna be so great for her!! I’m excited to hear how the season goes and Erin from her last email sounds good, hope she’s having lots of fun and such.  No package yet but hopefully this next week I should get it, but ya sounds like everyone back home is doing well and just having fun. I’m always excited to get letters from them but ya it’s just fun chillin with the Elders here and this Elder B is way cool I love him and I’ll tell you more about it at Christmas but I might have some plans with him for when I get home but he’s my really good bud.  I am so happy though Dad that you are singing still and with Jesse and Peter too. I’m happy you involved them cause I think they will love it.  Sounds like you are doing some good exercising too and I am here, we go running every day well almost every day and I love it so it’s pretty sweet. The deacons are sounding great as well.



But I think that about sums up my storytelling for today and imp just loving it down here, the times are good and sometimes they are hard but really just prayer and faith is what gets you through.  Relying on the Lord for everything is key and it’s still a lesson I am learning and will forever be learning.  Life’s good for the most part and all we need to do is find ways to make it even better. The days that are tough will pass as long as you work on what you can do to change it and keep a positive attitude. So that’s my advice, a day may be hard but truly if you want it to become better go before the Lord in humble prayer and ask for his help and he will answer you because we are all children of God and he wants the best for us just like our parents on earth want the best for us. So that’s a little bit of Kentyboi wisdom for today but I’ll hit you guys up next week. Love you all and pray for you always.

Peace + Love
Elder Harker


No comments:

Post a Comment