Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Sunday 17 June 2012

The Lord is watching over us...


Monday June 11, 2012



Dear Family, 



Well I know that the last few months have been hard, it has been a really fight for me lately but through all this time I really would like to thank you for all the help and support you’ve given me, that you are praying for me because I really can feel your love and your prayers. It gives me more energy and more power every day to keep working and doing what I’m here to do. Doing what the Lord has sent me here to do. 



This week has been one filled with blessings and things are starting to look up. We really have been blessed. One for me is having Elder H here with me. He’s great and a really hard worker. We are always joking around but we get lots of work done and have super spiritual lessons at the same time. We now like to talk in British, Scottish and Australian accents all the time so we have fun being from the homeland. I have had a smile on my face every day this week and we are tearing up this area like no other!!  This week we found tons of new people and have been teaching lots of people that are preparing to get baptized the 23rd and the 3 weeks following. It has really exploded here and it’s only been a week!!! The members seem super pumped to be working with us and us with them. We are getting a couple married this week or the next so that they can be baptized this month!!! It’s been a week of miracles and every little one that the Lord has given us we have been noticing. Whenever we get a little bummed the Lord is there at our side ready to give us another miracle family!! It has sure been a testimony builder this week that the Lord is always with us. 



Man I just feel so ready to get back to work and I know that just like this last week I have to work as hard or even harder if these people and going to progress!! It’s a tough job and my mind has not been this tired of thinking about what we need to do with the people in a while so I’m going to bed and waking up tired every day but you know we just keep going. I’m really excited to see how this next week goes because I know there’s gunna be a few diverts in the road but its gunna be a great week!! I continue to learn a lot every day from myself but especially from my companion!!



So things here are great and it sounds like things back home are just splendid too!! Everything is moving forward and the things that happen happen. I know that there are always things we need to be working at but it sounds like you are all taking some good steps towards what the ward wants. I know it’s not always the easiest to accept the council we get from the ones the Lord is directing because maybe we think we are right, but really it’s not that way. I know as we listen to our leaders we will receive all the blessings that the Lord has in store for us and even more. I’m grateful for the relationship that I have with him and that I have the privilege to talk with him at any point in the day and he will listen to me. His ears are always open and he wants to hear from us and all we need to do is talk and express what’s in our hearts. 



Well of other news it was a fun night last night for me!! Me and Elder H had a nice visit form Elder S (my bud from the MTC) and Elder H another Elder that’s become a close friend in the mission. They are comps right now and Harris and Shumway both had a meeting with President today and so they came over to sleep at our pension last night. It was super fun and we have quite the splendid night with them. Man I love the mission soo much!!! But yeah I did see Elder H the other week. He looks like he’s doing good and loving the mission. I’ve been able to talk to him every once and a while and now I’m gunna see him on Thursday cause we have a zone conference together. Its gunna be tight!!! 



The weather is getting pretty cold. I don’t like taking showers anymore cause it’s soo cold. The water is only like luke warm because the walls are soo cold and then its freezing once you leave the bathroom so the mornings aren’t so pleasant. It’s getting colder but I’ve  got all the stuff I need for the cold I think and if not I’ll just have to be a man and tough it out. So we’ll see how that goes.

Well that’s about all for now. I hope you know that God lives and loves everyone of us. I know that and it’s what I share with the world. I love you all so very much and I guess for now I’ll talk to you all next week



LOOOOOOOOVE 



Elder Harker


No comments:

Post a Comment