Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Great things happening, blacking out and some pictures...

Kent with his new comp - Elder Harris

Zone Conference - it was the best and he got to hang out with Elder Henry

Their baking skills at work - a double pudding cake

Tuesday June 19, 2012



Well well well, 



Sounds like everyday something new is going on for you guys and especially this week. Sounds like a lot went down and I guess you could say the same for me. Lots of great things happened this week and for about 40 seconds all things went black. 



So I don’t even know where to start but let’s go from Monday. Anyway it ended up being an amazing day with tons of success, like I said I was with Elder H and man we tore up the streets well really just a couple houses. We only work 3 hours on pday but we knocked 1 door and we were able to find 4 new people and they all have fechas for the 7th of julio. So that was a huge miracle that we saw to start off the week. The rest of the week was bangarang!!! we have 2 baptisms coming up this Saturday and so we had to prepare them for that and get them their entrevistas so that they could be baptized.  We’ve been working super hard and just trying to juggle around all the people we need to visit. It’s been a week of miracles and hard work. We also had lots of intercambios this week and so I was working with lots of different Elders from our district and also the zone leaders. It was way fun though and I enjoyed almost every part of it. 



Yesterday we had zone conference and at it was good old Elder H!!!!! It was super cool cause we got to spend the majority of the day together and the conference was also really awesome. We heard some great talks from President and learnt some really effective things from the assistants. We also had a huge cane drop from the hermana but in the end it was a super good day and we were all able to learn a lot!!! It was super great cause it always seems like a recharge of the batteries. It was a super spiritual week and overall I just loved it. The work continues to sprint forward here in lamadrid. 



Just to let you know I did get the birthday package and the banner really caught me by surprise!!! It is way cool and I’m super pumped to see all those friendly faces!!!! We hung it up in our pension and so I’ll get to see it every day even though it’s not my bday yet!!! I love it. I still haven’t opened everything and so we’ll see if I can hold on until the day. But it’s been super great. 



Well before I forget cause I forgot to put it in Erin and Dad’s emails HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!! I hope they were spectacular and that all went well. 



It sounds like Sam is doing well. I hope he is adjusting well and I guess I should be expecting his wedding invitation any day now cause that’s what the trend looks like. hahaha no I hope he stays single at least until I get home. But ya it’s been a good week and I guess I should share something more with you. 



Well I said the world went black for about 40 seconds and well I meant that literally. 

So it was a drizzly Tuesday and we got the invitation to go to the hospital to donate blood. and so we decided as a companionship to go and do some good.  Pretty much we went and donated blood, as you know it was my first time and I felt really good afterwards. I got up after giving blood and went out to wait with the other missionaries, so we were talking for a bit and all of a sudden I got super light headed, so I asked to sit down. Then the last thing I remember is that I sat down and then I was driving a car and I was super hot and sweaty. Then I opened my eyes and I just hear this Elder A who’s a good friend of mine say I thought he was joking and so I slapped him on the head with my passport. bahahaha but the doctors came and put my feet above my head and put me in a wheelchair and put me in a room to recover while the blood recirculated and I got some stuff to eat and so everything turned out good. The rest of the day was kinda loopy but I’m fine now so don’t worry. The doctor told me ¨la agua no llego al tanque¨ aka I’m super tall and so the blood wasn’t reaching my head enough so I passed out on the missionary next to me. Anyway it all was well and we kept working hard. 



It was an interesting week and I think that’s all I have to share for now. But hey I love you all. I hope you have a great week and that you know the Lord loves you all. 

I loved seeing all my friends and family in that banner and I say thank you and love you all.



Love 

Elder Harker

Kentyboi


No comments:

Post a Comment