Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Sunday 17 June 2012

a few tough weeks....


Monday June 4th, 2012



Hey Fam, 



I’m ok.

It’s been a harder week and I’ve tried to be as strong as I can and still enjoy myself.


Well to let you know that it was transfers today and Elder R has left. I think it was time for a change and my new comp is Elder H from Lindon, Utah. He seems pretty cool and looks like we’re going to have a pretty good transfer. I’m excited to get to work with him and see what we can do together with the help of the Lord. But really I’m just excited to learn from him. He seems like a way good elder and so we`ll have lots to share with each other. 



Anyway so we went around saying our goodbyes yesterday and they went pretty well, we got to see lots of the members and it was nice to have lots of good food!!! haha but nothing too too exciting there. 

I don’t know it’s just been a weird week but nothing really new. I hope there is more to tell you next week and so I guess it’s ciao for now. I hope you are all doing ok and that you all know that I love you all soo much!!! All of you are soo special to me and I want you to know that. 



Well I guess it’s all for this week and I hope you`re all good

lots of love

Elder Harker



Monday May 28, 2012




Well I hate to say that it’s been another hard week for me. I don’t really know what to think right now, but just to let you know that I am very grateful for all your letters and they do help every week. I try to take all the things you say into account and improve in what I can. 



It just seems as each day goes on it just gets harder and harder, we keep trying to find new people to teach and some people we meet on the first go around seem way cool and want to learn but then when we go by again it’s not what we expected at all. Others we just work with and then after a while they just crash and burn, and then all the people that can so easily get baptized just don’t want to and they are sooo ready!!!!!! We tried everything to help them but it just doesn’t come out the way we want it. I guess I need to realize it’s all in the Lord’s time and I guess I haven’t learned it yet. It’s a little disanimating but we keep going forward and try to work. I’m just stuck and don’t know what the next step is. Maybe I need to take one step in the complete other direction. So we’ll see what happens but I keep praying and looking for comfort and the guidance of the spirit. I hope next week I can have something better to say. 



Today we had a really fun activity with another zone and Pres. We painted a futbol stadium and then played some futbol which ended up being so tight I loved it!!! It helped me get a little bit of my energy back and I’m pumped to keep going. So it’s been a pretty good week because we also had a capacitacion with President and I enjoyed it. I guess what I got out of it was a lot on faith and that I really need to make sure that my vision need to be the same as the Lord’s vision. I don’t know if that makes sense but it helped me know how to improve. 



I would also like to give a thank you to the Maller’s for their letter I got the other day that was very thoughtful, and besides that I don’t really have much else to say I hope you are all well and we’ll talk again next week. 





Elder Harker


No comments:

Post a Comment