Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Sunday 25 September 2011

WEEK 9 at the MTC - packing up and getting ready to head out!

Hey guys


To Coreen I did get your letters, I kind of forgot to reply but I will and in the mean time can you tell them thanks.

 Thanks for all the letters you guys send, it’s always great to get mail! and also for the updates of the other guys out right now, it’s always awesome to hear how they are doing, but I guess I don’t have too much to write today.

 That’s so awesome that you enjoyed stake conference soo much!! It’s also sweet to hear all of the new callings, like Ann and Dave congrats to them and I know that they will do great in what they are called so give them my regards. And also Ian M.! that’s cool, when I first read moms I was a little sad cause she forgot to mention that Patriarch Melchin didn’t die and I knew it was a calling for life so it was great for dad to clear that up.  But hey it will be great to know Sara will get her blessing at the dentist’s office while her teeth are being cleaned!!! haha Also it was great to hear about Peter and Braden and the advancement to the Mel Priesthood. 


Oh and thanks to dad for working on my line of authority that will be great to have.  Just so you know I can write today and tomorrow because today is infield orientation and tomorrow is our Pday so please answer on email because I will not get any dearelders before I leave. Just a heads up.  And no mom I have not started to pack yet so I’m doing all that tomorrow so we will see what happens.


To tell you a little bit about the orientation. It’s a full day and the whole time we have been here it’s been mostly focused on the teaching. Today is focusing on finding, study, goal setting, planning and that kind of stuff. It’s pretty interesting so far, we’ve only been in it about 3 hours so not too long and we have a lot to go so I’ll let you know tomorrow. 


I am definitely jealous that I can’t go to the corn maze this year! Now that you mention it I want to go sooo bad but my calling is here and this is what I need to focus on.  Also great to hear Jeremy’s papers are in and cool to hear about Danielle’s call.


Ok so sounds like it’s been a busy week for you guys hope all is well say hi to Grandma, please tell her I pray for her and send her my love!! I hope she’s doing ok. I love you all so much and miss you a ton but its only 2 years til I’ll be back. 

Ok so Sara - DO RAPPORT!!!  It will be soo tight and it’s great to do it. It’s not just leadership and it’s helped me so much in my life to do other things as well, even though it’s not with the church it helped me strengthen my testimony and helped me to know what to do in my life. It helps with social skills and can almost be applied in every aspect of you life so please do it, and it may be hard but it is definitely worth it. As for bball that's cool that you are doing the camp thingy and school is going well so that’s great!! Hope to hear from you again and tell me your teachers.

Erin- hey buddy, so I hope all is well with you and you are enjoying work and life in general. I miss you . I’m praying for you and love you lots and hope you are doing great!! I hope you are finding a man that I would approve of and just having fun in all that you do. Know that you are loved and keep moving forward!

Momma Papa - hope all is well and I love hearing from you guys and I just can’t wait to talk to all of you on Monday its going to be awesome! I am doing just fine hear and ready to go and take on new challenges!!

 SO spiritual thought for this week - this may sound a little repetitive but it’s the truth!! Learn to love the Book of Mormon. So this last week the Ensign for this October is about the Book of Mormon and all the missionaries here were given a copy of it early!! So mom this time I can say that I’ve read the whole thing and there are great messages in it! I challenge you to read it haha I got there first this time.  But ya I challenge all to read it, it’s a great issue! This week for devotional, you might be a little jealous but here comes Russell M Nelson.  This is our 3rd apostle in 3 weeks so that was awesome. The devotional was about the Ensign this month and the Book of Mormon it was a great talk!!  Just learn to love and read it!! It is now my best friend here well other than prayer but I know it was written for us and every page we can learn something from it. And it really does testify of Christ! Since I’ve been here in my Spanish set of scriptures, when I read them I go through and mark every time God or Jesus or any of his names are mention and it’s amazing!! My scriptures are so green because that’s the color I’m using for it, its nuts! I went and researched and it’s something like every 1.7 verses the Savior is mentioned! Go read it and use it every day and I know you will be blessed.

Well anyway I don’t know what else to say, but I love you all so much! Hope all is well with you and I am excited to hear from you tomorrow and talk with you on Monday.

Kenty Boi 
So just another update for you

Yesterday went well with infield orientation. It was pretty much just classes where they teach you everything you haven’t learned yet which actually turned out to be a lot! It was pretty good and informative nothing really special though, just good info on what we need to do in the field, what a day is kind of like and what happens when we get there. It seemed to go by so fast too! It’s weird now 16 hours of class a day is no problem, I’m turning into a robot.   I am doing wash right now so I haven’t started to pack but I’ll let you know how it goes when I do.  But thanks for the tips on the luggage and I hope everything goes well. 


Love you all

Kenty Boi


No comments:

Post a Comment