Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Sunday 11 September 2011

WEEK 7 at the MTC - cereal, scorpions and a prayer answered!



Ok so hello there my loving family!!  How are you this wonderful day??



Well let’s start out with something fun. This week our district had a cereal eating competition. We called it  the TOWER CHALLENGE!!!! It was awesome. Here they serve cereal out of huge tower dispensers and we decided that just during a lunch hour we would see if we could deplete an entire tower of cereal before they refilled it!! Guess what we did it!! And it only took 73 bowls to complete it.



Another funny eating thing that I forgot to tell you about was my second week here, when Elder Bryce and Young were here they had Mexican candy and one was a sucker with a real dead scorpion in it. They challenged me to eat it and I did.  So from then on I was called the "rey de scorpio"  aka scorpion king.  It actually didn’t taste that bad, the stinger was cut off and it just tasted like dirt so I guess the sucker was good but the scorpion just was nasty and it equalled out.



Anyway onto other things, so thank you soooo much for the package!!! I loved it and still love it.  Thanks too for the updates on the other Elders, it’s always great to know how they are doing.  Oh and mom you had some pretty funny stuff in your letters, like "happy labour day..... did you labour hard??" hahaha and your rhymes haha anyway I love you guys.  About the shoes for Tyler ya I’m down to bring them to him all I hope is that I have the weight but I think I will with the backpack now.



So about your culture class question - unfortunately we don’t have any class like that, but both my teachers served in Argentina on their missions and one is a native aka born there so she is bringing in some stuff and going to do a little lesson on it I think next week so that will be really interesting to hear.  Also dad that is so awesome that you got to sit by Elder Holland and man would I love to just sit down and talk to him for just like 10 minutes. That would be amazing!! That’s great your young men all did well on the summer challenge. My summer challenge is going good I’m working my way through and I should be done by the time I get to Argentina.  The language is tough though, the days always have their ups and downs so one day I’ll be good at it and another it won’t be so great but you know it’s a work in progress so hopefully when I get down to Argentina I’ll be able to understand about a quarter of what they say haha. But who knows, all I know is that I need to pray a lot to get help.



Ok so what you were saying about rook made me wish I could play it once in awhile.  I miss being able to play games so much, board games card games anything, I just want to do something!!! ahh its killing me but its actually not I just make it more than it needs to be.



Another cool thing that is going happen soon is that I will be able to watch this conference in Spanish so that will probably help my understanding a lot more, but the sad thing is that now that I’m a missionary conference talks and just talks in general seem to have more meaning to me and this conference I won’t be able to get that much just cause I don’t know the language that well. Hopefully it turns out ok and if I can even get one thing out of conference then that would be awesome!!!!



So I’ve heard you guys are starting school and such . Sara - Seminary!!!! ahhaahahahahahah now you get to wake up even earlier than I do!!! Isn’t it the life??? Mom you’ve been doing it for what like 6 years so I guess 4 more isn’t too bad.  But Erin I hope you are doing well and hope you had a great time on your Labour Day weekend idk I’m just glad everyone is doing ok and loving life!!  Just do your best and learn to love the gospel is all the advice I got right now.   A nice thing that happened this week is we got a new district and there is another Elder Harker in it, I haven’t really met him but I’ll tell you how he is.



 I know my letter is kind of all over the place today but now to the spiritual thought of the day.  So this week was good and bad, it was kind of all over the place but really what has been wrong is that I just want to get out of the MTC.  I know it’s good for you and everything but I signed up for teaching real investigators and help change other people’s lives.  So I’ve kind of been thinking like that the last couple of days and I just want to help someone for real.  We teach our teachers and they act like investigators and we are supposed to pretend they are, but we really know that they are just evaluating us and stuff. Yesterday as we were teaching Hermana Arcos, after our lesson she had an idea. She asked just me and Elder Hruska if we wanted to teach a friend of hers named Thiago.  He is not a member of the church and has met with the missionaries before but it didn’t click with them.  They didn’t teach the restoration until lesson 3 and so on. So she is asking permission for me and Elder Hruska to teach a real investigator!!!  This was definitely an answer to prayer and I am so happy that I have something real to prepare for and a life I can actually influence.  He already goes to church and is reading the Book of Mormon but our teacher thinks he just needs the right missionaries.  I don’t know what she was feeling and I’ll be honest I still don’t feel prepared to teach him in anyway but the spirit led her to make this decision.  I guess the lesson I learned this week is following the spirit. I don’t know how we can help him but we need to do our best and I am very excited to teach him.



 I realized how important prayer is in our lives and I think this is one of the first times I can remember where prayer has been answered so just wow, like right in front of me.  Anyway it is really awesome and I’m looking forward to the challenge.



Can you please tell Janelle thank you for the letter and all of Tanners updates and also thank you so much for the package.  I’m still going to write her a letter but if you could tell her that would be great. I’m sad I’m missing the corn bust this year but whatever things will be alright and oh tell Kianna congrats again, I guess she’s getting hitched today!



Another thing is I get my flight plans next week so I’ll give you that info in my next email Please try to get those addresses soon and write them in your email or dearelder as soon as you can because I want to send letters out soon.  This week was great for mail thank you I got all yours plus ones from Jesse, Tyler G, Tanner, Jessica, Melissa and I think that’s all but ya it was a good week for mail.



Anyway I love you all stay strong in what you do and just push on cause we need to endure to the end

Love you




No comments:

Post a Comment