Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Sunday 4 September 2011

WEEK 6 at the MTC - an apostle speaks!


Hola Amigos!!  Como estan??



Well to start off I’m soooo glad that you got my package! I hoped you would enjoy it. Thank you for your many letters, I love hearing from you guys it makes me so happy inside when I do.  It’s almost like having Christmas every day, well almost every day at least.



So this week has been a lot better. I am feeling great, and my spirits are up and I’m just trying to understand Spanish.  It is messing with my mind. Half the time I’ll think or say something in Spanish and I don’t even know, by the time the day is over I feel like that one episode of Dexter’s Lab when his brain just shuts down for the day, That’s pretty much how I feel.  So ya its all good though I’m still loving it I guess but I just can’t wait to get to Argentina!!! I get my travel plans in 2 weeks and then I’m off to an unknown land in about 3 weeks.  So I hope it comes fast, cause I feel like I’m trapped in a black hole of gospel that will last for an eternity.



But I hope you are all jealous of me because the highlight of my week was the devotional!! We had Jeffrey R Holland come and speak!!! It was absolutely amazing! I don’t even know how to describe it but man was it good.  They haven’t had an apostle here for about 10 weeks and so we always joke about the prophet coming or Elder Holland because everyone loves him because he’s such a powerful speaker, and what do you know he came!!! I almost didn’t believe it at first but now I do haha.   He talked on so many things it’s hard to pick just one, but one thing he did was a question/answer period. Unfortunately I didn’t get to ask a question because they had people write them up before and then gave it to him right before he spoke but one question I really liked was:  Q- What is the greatest gift I can give to the Savior of the world the Lord Jesus Christ? His answer was - your heart, everything you can give.  He then brought up Joseph Smith's vision when Christ says " They draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me" and that hit me really hard that I need to do everything I can to draw nearer to God with my heart.  Because my purpose out here is to invite others unto Christ, and how can I do that if I’m not striving to come unto Christ as well. Thought you’d want to hear about that, and maybe it’ll be online in a couple of weeks for you to read. It was really amazing to hear an Apostle of the Lord speak with such power.



I guess that was one of my spiritual thoughts but I do have another one.  So the past couple of weeks I have restarted the BOM and have challenged myself to finish it before I leave the MTC.  So it’s been a couple weeks and I’m already into Alma and, oh how I love the BOM, it has been so long since I’ve read it this much in such a little time period and its so awesome.  The lessons you learn from it are amazing and once you get going the story really makes you never want to do anything else because it’s so entertaining at the same time.  This is one of the greatest tools and I don’t see how anyone in their right mind could read this book and say that it’s not true because it is.  Even the first chapter of Nephi is almost the exact story of Joseph Smith.  He wanted to know an answer, prayed and had a vision of the truth. I just can’t believe how good this book is.  It’s absolutely astonishing. I challenge everyone to read it every day because it’s definitely the best part of my day.



Well some things for you to know are I got a haircut, and wow they do such a good job here!!! It’s almost as if a 5 year old was cutting my hair. I feel like I’m 10 years old again because they pretty much just buzzed it and then off I go. But whatever, hair grows back so maybe I’ll get a better one next time.  That’s cool that your converting all our VHS over (sorry I didn’t ever do that hahaha) but sounds like you’re having a good time with that. I love watching old stuff cause it reminds me of a young care free version of me, when I could do whatever I want and just live life.



Also I thought the changes in the ward were pretty awesome!! I’m sure everyone will do a great job!!  and to answer Dad’s question yes I have been singing in choir and no they haven’t mentioned General Conference choir but I won’t be in it anyway cause I leave the week before conference so ya kind of a bummer but you know what it’s all good I get to listen to it in Spanish and not understand a word of what they are saying!!! It will be so much fun!!


  Oh another thing I want to say before it happens is tell Kianna congrats on her wedding even though it hasn’t happened yet. I’d rather be early than late I guess if that makes any sense at all but ya just please do that.  It’s so weird she’s getting married but hey, it’s awesome!!



So Erin I just wanted to let you know that I’m praying for you everyday, and I miss you so much and love you that much as well. I hope you have a great time in Montana, just chill and love life.  I hope that work is going good for you and your beasting in the area of dental assisting and idk just hope that you’re doing ok and going to Institute.  I know I wasn’t the best at going but just learn to love the gospel because it is the best thing you will have in your life, besides me of course but hey I love you and stay strong sis



Sassy, well first off good job on your talk I guess, I never heard it but I hope it went well.  I also am praying and cheering that you will get on the  Vball team, so just do your best and whatever happen happens but just stay strong .  I’m glad you had a good summer, and just really try to do your best in everything that you do, don’t worry about your classes everything will work itself out in the end and if you’re alone just make some sweet new friends. I love you and cya in 23 months!! 


To momma and papa thanks for the letters this week and thanks for the comforting words, they really helped a lot I’m so grateful for all your love for me and I miss you guys a lot, but please send some pics with this package too, anyway love and miss all of you.


Also if you could get me Spencer’s address in Victoria that would be good.



Well I think that’s all love you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment