Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Tuesday 30 August 2011

WEEK 5 at the MTC - the ups and the downs


Hey guys so this has been a pretty tough couple of days for me, but you know that’s just what happens you get some ups you get some downs but I guess it’s all going to be made right in time.  But anyway...



This week we have had a sub teacher for Hermano Usher for just this week and boy is he nuts!!! He is really like go ,go ,go and at first I didn’t really like him cause he came in and just changed everything and had a really different method of teaching but you know what I think it was good because he let us all know that he is there to help us, and he got us all back into the mindset of the first day where we always need to be working as hard as we can to become the greatest missionaries that we can be.  And this week Elder Hruska and my teaching has been a little bit off.  Just felt like we weren’t saying what we need to say and we just weren’t teaching with the power that we need too. I guess I’ve just had a lot on my mind lately and I haven’t been able to keep my eyes focused on one thing and that should be the work.  I know it’s tough but I just need to keep moving forward and do what I need to do so I can learn and grow the way the Lord wants me to.



So this week I decided I needed to get a haircut and you know I thought you would just go sign up whenever, but I soon found out that you have to wake up at like 5:45am and get in line quick or all the spots are taken up for that entire day they post up.  So we had a really early morning one day and man it was hard to stay awake the rest of the day, so now I have that haircut tomorrow I’ll be good haha.  That was also the same day the Argentina consulate came to visit the elders and sisters going down there, and it was really interesting but I didn’t actually have to be there because I’m Canadian and I just get my visa handed to me when I get down to Argentina.



Ok so about my warts which you have been wondering about, so I went to the health clinic and had them check out my warts cause all this stuff we got helped but just barely. So I go in and they took care of the one on my hand by just spraying liquid nitrogen on it and so that one is supposed to just turn black and then start to blood blister and eventually I’ll just pick the blister off and it will be gone. But then the ones on my feet were more work so they sent me to the outside world!!!!! It was like Christmas!! So I went to the podiatrist however you spell that and he told me 3 options to do and so I went for the cheapest and least painful but then he told me that he does a free clinic at the MTC sometimes and it turned out he was there the next morning. He told me to wait until then and he could do a $300 operation for free so I did.  The next morning came and so what he did is froze-numbed the bottom half of my feet with a needle.  He stuck it into the heel until he got to the nerve and froze the whole bottom side of my foot. Then what he did was put a needle underneath each wart and put stuff in it so it will separate the skin and kill the wart on top.  Then I’m supposed to come back in 2 weeks because the warts will turn black and he’ll just scrap them off.  So ya I got that done for free. It was weird walking the rest of the day cause I couldn’t feel where I was stepping so he said be careful or you can break your ankle but I’m ok so don’t worry about it. 



Then on that same day another crazy thing happened!!! Elder Kindt almost bit through his lip!!! We were just outside during gym playing some bocce and Elder Kindt and Early were playing soccer and someone went to head the ball and hit Elder Kindt on the chin and he was 2 mm away the doctors said from biting all the way through his lip!!! He got 5 stitches and has to only eat like banana paste!! He’s alright so that’s good.



Ok so the really sad thing about this week was yesterday.  Elder Early went home, his mission call was postponed for a while because he needs to go home and deal with some things. It was really sad and I don’t really know how to say it but I am so happy for him that he is doing the right thing.  I know that he will be blessed for his choice and that he will come back to serve a mission.  It was because we had 2 really powerful talks just given about obedience and they both talked about transgressions that need to be resolved and I am just so happy for him that he’s doing what needs to be done.  I don’t really know what to say. 



But a great experience that I had this week was again after a talk at the Tuesday night devotional and the speaker said this quote and I can’t remember who it is by but "if you can’t imagine it, you can’t achieve it"  and it really put into perspective what we need to be doing out here. We need to imagine where our investigator will be and how we can help them get there or else we will have a very difficult time doing what needs to be done.  I was really hit by this and I  know that I need to imagine what I need to do to help all those around me.



I love you all soo much and I really pray for you every night, I just love you all


Love you



oh I also forgot to mention that it was nice to get a letter from Grandma.


No comments:

Post a Comment