Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Saturday 13 August 2011

WEEK 3 at the MTC


Como le va familia?  How’s life in the outside world??  So life has been busy here at the MTC nothing really too exciting just work, work, work.  So first of all I am feeling sorry for Tanner that he has the fleas that must be rough for him, and also Sam has a little bit of a bowel problem so I’m just praying for those guys and hope that they are going to live!!  I’m so happy that Tyler is doing well and I did get his present when I got here, so that was a really nice surprise!! I’ve sent all the guys on missions’ letters already so I’m hoping to get some back soon.  I’m loving it though, I love the guys in my district and just having a blast all the time!!  Learning lots and preaching the gospel is the only way to go!! 



Ok so please tell the James Harker family hi from me, cause he sent me a letter the other day. And also if you will say hi to all my friends and tell Jesse, Peter and Carly I love them!  Oh and tell Carly good luck from me with the activity days it’ll be great I’m excited for her.  So I read that Melissa got her wisdom teeth out!!! That’s pretty awesome especially if she has a nice chipmunk face!! hahah but tell her hi from me and that I hope she does not suffer from too much pain, if she can understand that cause she did just lose all her wisdom ahaha that’s like a dad joke haha. Oh and please tell the Whitsitt’s hi from me as well, I’m sorry that I missed their visit but what can I do, I was called to serve!! A package?? WHAT!?!?!?!?!   Oh and in case I haven’t told you yet cause I don’t think I have my group started this new kind of training they have here at the MTC so I’m doing something different than the guys before me did, it started like 2 or 3 weeks before I got there so I’m enjoying it so far.  But it was so weird because our first investigator we taught ended up being our teacher!!!! It was nuts when she came in with a white name tag!!! My mind was blown!!



Well now it’s time for a little word of advice to Sara, so you said you wished that you had a group of double boys for EFY, well Sara guess what your only 15 so you need to calm down about the boy thing. Like seriously you don’t need to be married next year!1 you can wait until you’re at least 17 ahhahaha I’m just joking I know you’re not that bad but I love you.  



Ok so do you really want to know what a day at the MTC is like???? cause I’ll tell you..  So here it is: Wake up...  Study... Eat...  Study... Study... Learn how to study... study how to learn... study how to plan... Eat...  learn to study Spanish... study Spanish... talk about how we studied that day...  and then plan to study tomorrow.... and then sleep!!!!  And when I’m not studying or eating I get to clean toilets!!!! It’s like the best life here!! hahahaha



So about the speakers so far We have had Gerald N Lund; and he is the writer of The Work and the Glory so that was pretty cool he talked about faith and that it’s not an event but it’s a process. And we also had Cecil O. Samuelson who is the Dean of BYU and his address was about setting an example as being servants of the lord which I really enjoyed and he told some very interesting stories as well.



So on to the spiritual experience I would like to share with you today is that during class we are able to teach other companionships.  So me and Elder Hruska were teaching Elder Early and Kindt and we weren’t really taking it that seriously, then later in the class we were then just teaching Elder Early and our teacher Hermana Arcos told us that we should teach them like we would a real investigator and think of them as an entirely different person and then the Elder who we were teaching was to think like an investigator. So we began to teach and we were teaching about prayer and I just had the strongest feeling come over me as I was bearing my testimony and I had a witness that I knew what I was teaching was true and just had a great uplifting time for the rest of the day.  It just shows that if we respect what we are doing as missionaries then we will be blessed by the Lord.



Anyway being a Canadian here is apparently really awesome cause Americans are a little different and think we have an accent but really we don’t. But ya they always tease me and Elder Kindt about saying tag like teg and bag like beg and stuff like that so it’s pretty funny and we have a good time too. But I’m getting sad because 4 guys from our district are leaving next week for the Dominican and they are like the sweetest people you will ever meet, like Elder Blotter and Elder Perschon are so awesome and I definitely want to hang out with them when I get back because we just have the best times!!  But anyway I need to explain that narnia holes are holes you find everywhere that other Elders have left stuff in so if you could send me something awesome to stick in one of those that would be great!!





Well time for me to go so I LOVE YOU ALL and I guess I’ll write you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment