Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Friday 5 August 2011

WEEK 1 at the MTC

Hola Familia!!



How’s life in reality?? Probably pretty good right? haha well life here is ok i guess, my mind is exploding with information and Spanish and what not!!! it’s crazy how much you learn in just this first few days of the MTC. Like wow just last night we taught our first lesson to an investigator IN SPANISH!!  it was pretty funny tho cause it was like broken Spanish but we survived.  Oh well I guess I should tell you that my comps name is elder HRUSKA (ROOSH-KA) he’s pretty cool and a hard worker too. And its good cause he makes me feel great cause he laughs at all my jokes haha I love him.  But one thing is, is that he has to go to the bathroom ALL THE TIME!!! And it sucks cause I have to go with him. Maybe he has some kind of digestive distress, I don’t know but anyway its funny and I love him so whatever it’s fine.  Well first day we got here was just orientations and such we had a meeting with all the missionaries that are new and we got to hear from the MTC president, and that was awesome so I’m just so excited for Tuesday night devotionals!! Then we had dinner which I guess was ok but I’ll talk about food later. um..... then it was time to teach so we split up into two groups of about 250 missionaries and had "investigators" and we really got to see some good ideas about how to teach and what types of things we should ask about when we first meet them, so that was interesting.  We had three and there was this one guy who was Italian and he was HILARIOUS!! I  have no idea how I’m gunna teach someone that is that funny cause ill just want to laugh the entire time!!  but whatever I guess I’ll just have to learn to be like mom and dad and think nothin is funny. bahaha



ok so onto the food, I don’t really care what other people say the food is gross, I have already been sick and let me tell you it sucked!!  So here’s how it went got up on Thursday morning feeling fine, besides being dreadfully tired but anyway got up ate breakfast  which wasn’t too bad..... I thought, but then went through the day ate lunch and probably like an hour after lunch I started to get the chills and then around like 330 pm I had a nice puking session in the bathroom. then came dinner time and I thought I should just eat like a little bit of fruit cause I threw up and I don’t have much food in me, so I ate a little and continued on and I kept having the chills and head ache and not feeling good, so then we were in our first district meeting with our branch presidency and while we were introducing ourselves and another elder is talking I had to get out of there immediately!!! I went to the bathroom and was in there for like 5 min.  I had a beet for lunch and I threw it up and I thought I was bleeding!!! but any way we went to the health clinic and I talked to the doctor and I had a temp of 100.6 so they gave me some pills and what not and I had a fever and I think I had food poisoning but I don’t know what I had for sure but I’m feeling better now which is good.  But that was the worst sleep of my life that night.  I had to take a pill at 3 am and I woke up like 12 times no joke thinking it was 3 already but nope it was like 1115 1135 1152 1206 and so on it sucked!!! But anyway all is well and i feel bad elder Hruska that he had to suffer through my sickness with me.



Well the Spanish is coming pretty good so far and the work is coming along great I’ve already felt the spirit a lot and I know this church is true! It’s the real deal out here just working everyday no time for rest just gotta go go go and I know that things will be ok. but our investigators name is Teresa by the way and we taught her last night about families and her dad just joined the church about a year ago and we get to teach her again on Sunday so we have decided to teach on the plan of salvation and I hope we can learn enough Spanish that we can actually teach her haha but I think it will be ok. Anyway I just want to know what’s happening with you guys and how was the family reunion?? What’s gunna be happening with you guys now that I’m gone?? Hope not too many trips haha but whatever that’s just life.  well right now I’m doin laundry and it hasn’t been to long here so I don’t really know what else to write and I don’t have any time left so I guess I’ll talk to you next week and hope to keep hearing from you!!!



Love Elder Kenty Boi








No comments:

Post a Comment