Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Friday 19 August 2011

WEEK 4 at the MTC

Well hello there familia, I guess another week has come and gone and it’s now time for my weekly update


So first off I want to say thank you for the package!!!!!! I got it yesterday and it is so wonderful to know that the outside world actually exists and that I don’t just dream about the letters you send!

So onto the next thing, another thanks for sending me the updates from Tyler + Tyler + Danny. It is nice to hear from them and see what’s going on in their lives, I got a good kick out of Tyler G’s letter about the guy on the bus I showed it to my district and we all thought it was pretty funny, and then we started to think of what we could do if we ever have that situation. And from the ideas I heard of, I think I’ll just have to wait till it happens cause some of theirs were a little bit weird. If that makes sense I don’t know. Also if I haven’t been answering all of your questions I’m sorry cause I just found out the other day that a few of my letters have been delivered to the wrong person, cause I met a guy named Kevin Harker, and he’s from Long Beach Cali and apparently he has got a few of my dear elders. He’s a convert so I don’t know if we’re related or anything but it was just cool to see that.


So I forgot to tell you that last p-day I was able to go to the temple and proxy for sealing’s so that was really cool and I enjoyed that and me and Elder Hruska also did some initiatories and then this week we did an endowment session oh and oh how I love those!!! It’s always such a blessing to go to the temple. SO after our session it was really fun cause me and my comp and Elder Kindt and Early were all able to help out in the laundry room for a bit. hahah I got to use this thing called the sash-o-lator!!! It was so tight and it just made me think of how good service makes you feel.


But this last week we also got a new teacher and his name is Hermano Usher! It’s pretty cool and so now my 2 teachers are him and Hermana Arcos. But one thing I think about when I’m teaching is "Do you remember that time, when the crowd was cheering my name, and I used my strength to rip my shirt. That is what the spirit is like. I feel like I have eagle powers and can do anything.... like fight Satan's cavemen. But tonight I will teach the 7 toughest investigators in town.... maybe the world, and I WILL convert, because my Heavenly Father will be in the ring with me." and now I’ve got to tell you a funny story about teaching. Ok so it was a drizzly Tuesday and we went to teach Hermana Arcos and the teachers when we teach them act as investigators who they taught in their mission so its actually like teaching a real person. So this is our second lesson with her and the first lesson we just got to know her a bit and find out what she believes in, why she’s meeting with us, and a little about her family. So we found out she is an evangelist, who just wants to know more about our church and she has 2 kids and a husband that passed away. So for our second lesson we decided to teach on the plan of salvation and eternal families because her husband was dead and like she would want to be with her kids forever. Anyway so we start the lesson and we just get talking and then I ask to make sure that she said her husband is dead and I’m getting into it, and right when I’m about to say that there is life after death, she’s like my husband isn’t dead he left us. Anyway so there goes our entire lesson plan and we were just so confused because we totally thought he was dead and we just were trying to get our thoughts together. So we ended up finishing about talking about agency. But the kicker is that after the lesson Hermano Arcos told us that she actually made that exact same mistake when she was teaching this family in real life!!!! hahaha anyway we thought it was pretty funny.
But anyway onto the next thing

Family- all I want to say is that I love you all soo much!!! and I miss you every day, but hey I only got what??...... like 101 weeks left give or take a few days.

Mom + Dad - so just to let you guys know I’m a little sick again today but I definitely will live, I still think the food here is gross and I’m trying my best to eat healthy but its hard cause everything is like junk. But you know what the Argentina food will make up for it. About your time question. Well lets put it this way days are weeks and weeks are days so really it depends time is now irrelevant. We are now keeping track of time from meal to meal and then we sleep and then go from meal to meal again so I don’t know it’s all just a blurrrr. Can you please tell Grandma that I love her and wish her a wonderful birthday even though I’m a little late and that I miss seeing her, but I’ll see her when I get back.

Sara - Yes I do study my brains out every day and by the end of the day my brain hurts like you wouldn’t even believe, one day I thought that I would never be able to think straight again, but you know what I’ll live, unless my brain turns to mush and I become a vegetable then you should just kill me. But I’m glad you had a good time at EFY and I’m also glad that you saw Logan!!! Keep up the good work with volleyball and I hope you make the team


Erin - So the Spanish is coming and yes I will be able to talk to Tania when I get home, so maybe we can all go out for some sushi. About your wedding have fun in Cali!! Hermano Usher is actually going to Cali for a wedding this weekend too so I though it was the same one but it’s not. And I still haven’t met your friend by the way I’ve been trying but no luck. And yes I do have one comp the whole time. But just to let you know I'm prroud of you for walking to work and such and I love you soo much. Hope you are having good times with boys and say hi to Trevor when he gets back for me. Oh and cause you didn't end up getting a tie for me, I have a mission for you. I need you to go to Value Village and get me some ugly ties that you could send me and that would be awesome!!

I just love you all and you are always in my prayers!!


But onto my spiritual thought for the week (and by the way I do have more than one a week) but anyway so it was on Tuesday and we have David F. Evans of the first Quorum of the Seventy come to speak to us, and his wife also bore her testimony. But he talked about the love Heavenly Father has for us. I really enjoyed what he had to say but one thing that came into my head as he was sharing a story about his mission call, is that missions are not something we should take for granted, they are not something we earn when we turn 19. A mission is a gift from God and they are a privilege and we should cherish the time we have to serve. After the meeting our district had a review of the devotional and we were asked this time to share something we like from the talk but also to share our testimony and hearing the other missionaries speak was so uplifting and we just grew so much closer as a district and I love them so much!! I just want to say to you that I miss you all soo much but I love being out here and being able to serve the Lord, it is literally the best thing I have ever done.


Love Elder Harker

Oh and this week was also a sad week cause the Dominican Elders from our district left!!! and they were like the coolest guys ever anyway gotta run bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment