Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Monday 19 September 2011

WEEK 8 at the MTC - travel plans, a real investigator and another apostle!

Como Esta mis amigos??



Just to let you know this week has definitely been an ups and down week, but I guess for the most part of it, it hasn’t been too bad.  This letter might be a little choppy but there isn’t a lot that went on this week so I’ll just answer some questions and let you know what’s up.



On the spiritual side I always like to set 2 goals for the upcoming week so that is where my spiritual challenges come into play.



Ok so onto some exciting news, I GOT MY FLIGHT PLANS!!!!!!! I only have 9 days left.   So we leave on Sept 26, and go to the travel office at 8:00am and then go to the airport.  Then have time to check in and call for a couple of hours.  We go from SLC to Dallas Fort Worth (hey maybe I’ll see Brett haha) and then from Dallas - Buenos Aries and that’s all that’s in our plans. There are 7 in our district leaving and we are all going to Cordoba.  So we are not sure if we bus to Cordoba after or fly there but I’ll for sure let you know when I know.  Mom don’t worry they gave us all the info on how much our bags should weigh so you don’t need to worry about it. Just letting you know.  So that all happened yesterday so I’m pretty excited to get out into the world preaching the word!!!



Thanks for the addresses you sent I haven’t got all of them yet but I hope I do, you might want to send them again just in case.  And I’m glad that Grandma is doing well, I hope she got the letter I sent her and give her my love and tell her I’m doing just dandy.  I also got a letter from James Harker again so if you could give him thanks from me, I also wrote him a letter today but ya it was great to get that.



That’s awesome that Brendan Day got his mission call!! I’m glad that he is making that choice to go on a mission and I’m so excited to hear all of us are going!! I have a much better appreciation for missionaries and I love when people come and serve!!  Vancouver will be awesome and I’m assuming because you didn’t say that it is English speaking???



Oh before I forget DAD - can you send me my LINE OF AUTHORITY please, that would be great, thanks. Oh and also that’s good or cool I don’t know really what to say about the 24 hour phone 911 thing but that’s good you were able to do that.  Here on Sept 11 we had a fireside  like we do every week but this one was special because they showed us the footage from that day and just a couple of videos about it.  The Mormon Tab did a music and the spoken word tribute to it that morning so we were able to see the recording of that which was neat. I’ve never really seen that much about 911. I also saw Carol in the choir so it was a good experience.  Sorry my spelling is bad I’m trying to go fast.  Oh and another thing I met a counsellor here named Christian Anderson and he said dad would know who he is, so just letting you know he says hi.


I’m sorry to hear about Brother Bennion I can’t remember if I said anything about it in my last email so give them my sympathy’s.



 I got the shoes for Tyler and so I’ll for sure bring those to him and I know I’m just waiting on the nets cause I only heard of them today but say thanks to Diane for that and I hope I have enough room!!!


Anyway about Thiago, so stuff happened and we were not able to teach him last Monday, but we get to this upcoming Monday, so me and Elder Hruska have been preparing a lot and we hope that we can bring the spirit into his life and help him to know what his Father in Heaven wants him to do. So this will be interesting because it’s our first real investigator, but our practice lessons have gone really well so I pray for the best.



Ok so now is time to make you all jealous.  So you know how we had Elder Holland come talk to us like 3 weeks ago..... Well this last Tuesday we had another apostle come, and it was Elder Ballard!!!  It was so awesome to hear another apostle speak. He had such a great message!! The one thing that he said that I really enjoyed was he quoted Joseph Smith  "No matter what may come upon you, round up your shoulders and bear it."  I really enjoyed that quote cause lately I find myself complaining to myself a lot, and you know what I know I don’t want to be in the MTC anymore but I just need to suck it up and just finish strong.  I need to be able to do whatever I need to do to become a better missionary. I know that it is definitely tough but whatever its only 2 years, and I don’t want to come home regretting anything.  It really got me thinking that it’s not my time I’m wasting if I don’t work, it’s the Lords and I just got to do whatever it is because it’s what he wants me to do.  It’s not that spiritual I guess but it was my own personal little revelation.  I just keep reading and studying everyday and hope I improve my knowledge and testimony of the gospel. His message was awesome so I really enjoyed our devotional this week.



Anyway I just want to say what’s up?? To Erin and Sara before my time runs out, and this is to mamma and papa too.  I love you all; I hope everything is well with you.  Erin I hope that work is good and you are living life to the fullest and just being with buds and doing what you need to do.  Sara I hope school is good, not getting into much trouble and just hope you keep up the good work and not get too boy crazy.  Mom and dad hope all is well and just doing good for everyone, I don’t know what you’re up to now that school is back and the basement is done but I hope you find some interesting things to do.



Well I love you I can’t think of anything I need besides addresses that are lost and maybe phone numbers that might be lost too, I love you all and I’ll email next week and talk to you guys soon!!! Literally.



Love your baby boi

Elder Kentis

No comments:

Post a Comment