Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Monday 13 February 2012

WEEK 29 - tough week

Monday February 13, 2012
Wow, I really enjoyed your letters today.

They were very inspiring for me and really helped me a lot. It’s weird to see how what other people say by coincidence can be exactly what you need to hear at this point in time. So I really thank you for writing to me every week and putting in the thought that you do.

But this week for me was one of the hardest weeks that I have had here out in the field. We have been trying to work as hard as we can and it was disappointing to see that we didn’t have too much success. It’s hard to have that happen, where you work very hard and not many things go the way you want, but that’s the life out here. It’s all the Lord’s will and everything happens for a reason and we need to accept it and move on. The only thing we can do is better ourselves as missionaries because there is always something that we can improve on. It’s amazing and scary to think that we can eternally progress. We will almost never be perfect at anything, so we still have a lot of work to do in this life and in the one after. But this week I really did feel and started to understand the power of Satan. It was a very hard week as I said and it seemed like every day many temptations were thrown at both me and my companion. It is a hard work and it gets even harder when you know Satan is trying to destroy the work and trying to destroy you. It is something to be conscious about but it will all work out in the end because we have the greater force on our side.

Other than that it was a good week, just tried our best to do everything we can to help the people in our area. We are still struggling with investigators to teach but we have a few ideas to really get the work moving along and how we can really start to work with the members. But you asked about my companion, and I think I told you his name is Elder C. He is from Utah and we knew each other before being comps and we are way good buds. So when the call came we were both way excited to get to work together. He’s a great Elder and we work very hard and work very well together. He has a year in the mission and hit a year just this last week on Feb. 9, so we had a little celebration for him on that day, with another fire burning ceremony. I’m way glad to work with him and I hope that this transfer we will see some success.

But to answer your question about pdays. Today we had a way good time with one of our investigators, or I guess old investigator, he is the son of A and A and I don’t know if I’ve told you this before but he plays professional futbol for a team called the Talleres. So today we went to go visit the stadium where they play and it was sooo sick!!! We took some sweet photos and I’ll try to send some but I don’t know if I can from this computer. It was way cool to go there. We spent the day with him and his sister, as well as his family. It was so great cause really their family is like my family here in Cordoba. They are like my parents I love them. It was way cool to be able to go and see them too cause really I’m not working in that area anymore, so I was super grateful for that. I was able to see some of the growth of their family in the gospel and it is amazing to see this family. They will all be baptized for sure one day and I’m way excited to see it. It was super funny too cause while we were in Centro some lady came up to us and just started accusing me and my comp about a bunch of things and N and D just started defending us. Then they said after if your mom was here she would have exploded on that lady to defend us or something like that I can’t exactly remember. But it was a super cool day and I’m grateful to know that family.

Well I think that’s about all for today, and I hope everything is well with everyone back home. I pray for you all every day, I miss you and love you long time!!!!
Love you little boy
Kenty

No comments:

Post a Comment