Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Wednesday 29 February 2012

WEEK 31

Monday Feb. 27, 2012

Well hey Fam, What’s shakin baby???


So sounds like this was a very good week for you guys, lots of experiences and lots of learning for the most part, which is always awesome to hear about. I’m so glad that you are all having many opportunities to learn, grow and share this knowledge that is so precious and we all have. It’s something that I’ve been thinking about lately, that really we out here in the mission field, or even at home are the only ones that can help people achieve salvation. In my mission there are about 200 missionaries and in my zone about 18, and in the limits of my zone there are these 18 people these 18 missionaries to help people achieve salvation and we are the only ones that can do it. The Catholics, Evangelists, Jehovah Witness’, Baptist or whoever can help people grow closer to Christ but we are the only ones to help them achieve salvation. It’s a big responsibility and all those that have this knowledge should share it to help those that don’t know. Just something I was thinking this last week and something to help keep me going when things get a little rough. 



But on the business side of the letter, if you could give a huge thanks to the Whitsitt’s whom I got a package from as well as the Fibke;s and the Lethaby’s, I got letters from them all and a little sort of package, and you guys too!!! I got all the packages that you sent me, which was 3 I think and it was way exciting to get them and now I don’t have to do laundry as often!!! yay!!!! but ya it was a pleasant surprise for me.



That’s about all for the technical side of things but hey sounds like you all are doing very well back home, keeping busy and doing some fun things. It’s always great to hear that you’re doing ok and that you can still have fun without me. Nothing too big happened this week. Today I ate McDonalds for the first time in over 6 months so that was new and the feeling of feeling disgusting afterwards is still the same, so same old same old. 



But this week has been a real eye opener in the things that I can be doing to become better. There are a lot of things that I’ve noticed that I can do better but as always we can notice them and we can put them into practice, and that’s something I’m really trying to do. I’ve always seemed to be able to see my faults but it's harder to change them and that’s really the key to becoming better changing the way you work, changing your attitude whatever it is you need to be constantly changing. Things to work on for sure. 



So the work in our area is improving. We have some very promising people to be baptized this month and so we are working hard to get them prepared and ready to make these covenants with the Lord. Something that I’ve seen is really it’s not that hard to baptize and this is just not for my mission or my area it’s not hard to baptize it’s just we need to put the appropriate amount of work in for it to happen. As long as we are doing all we can the Lord will bless us because truly that is what he wants. He wants people to come unto him, he wants people to be baptized but like the investigator we need to do our part first before he will bless us. That’s something I’m trying to do, is not wait for blessings cause they will never come, but I have to be doing my part first and I have his promise that he will bless me. 



Well that’s about all I have to say for today. I hope all is well at home and everything continues smoothly and I guess its bye for now until next week.

Love you all soo much



Love you little boy

Kenty


No comments:

Post a Comment