Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Wednesday 21 March 2012

WEEK 34 - loving the new area

Monday March 19, 2012



Alright well I think I have a lot of things to say today, so let’s get it started. 

My area is awesome I love it so much! as well as my comp!!! He’s the greatest guy ever, and something that I think is just hilarious is that he reminds me so much of Tyler G, oh my gosh like the way he moves and talks and plays games, even eats!!! It is like I am with Tyler on the mission just in a different body and name!!! Its soo nuts I think it’s hilarious. One thing about my comps though I have had them all from North America except 1 who is from Chile. I think so far he was the closest I’ve been too, but we’ll see what happens after this transfer. I’ve learned something from all of them but I have a feeling I’m going to learn a lot this transfer from what I’m experiencing so far. Anyway I love Elder R and so far things are great!! 

My area is just on the other side of Cordoba, before I was on the east side but now I’m on the west side in the other most dangerous ghetto in Cordoba. So it seems like I just move from ghetto to ghetto. But I love it!!! it’s a different zone and district but it’s all good and all new missionaries that I don’t know. The ward is way cool too and the Bishop and just everyone is way sweet. 


So sounds like everything over there is going just great, I’m glad to hear that you’re going to Vegas...... WITHOUT ME!!!! baaaaaahhhhh what great news. But no I’m happy for you guys and hope you have some fun. I’m happy for you and Erin that she is going to SLC for Conference. We are starting to invite people here to Conference so it should be a pretty good next 2 weeks with that going on. 



That’s way cool that Sara is playing rugby. I know you don’t know too much right now but I hope she makes it and will have a good time with that. She just seems to be going from sport to sport haha, She must be in way good shape. 

Sounds like everyone else is doing good back home too. Especially Ryan I’m proud of that boy and send him my love. 



I love it here just so you know, just today me and Elder Rwere talking and it’s just way sick to have someone to be able to have complete trust in. There’s lots of things we both need to work on and can help each other out. One thing that I’ve said before is talking about pride. and the other day I was reading the talk by Pres Ezra Taft Benson about “beware of pride” and really that’s what I think a lot of the troubles we have come down too, or at least I see a lot of things that happen in my life stem from pride. Really it’s something that seems so small but is present in all of our lives. Just like in the Book of Mormon it was always so present and it seems so hard to understand it at times. It’s something that is really on my mind a lot and really also humility obviously. How I can be more humble cause it’s not really spelled out for us. Just things to work on and things to improve. I’m still learning as I go and I know I have sooooooo many more things to learn that I can’t even learn them all in the time I have here. But it’s a start and I’ll let you know how things go next week. I’m super glad for all your love and all your help in everything. 

I know this Church is true, I’m so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here and that I am here to serve the people. It’s such a great experience and nothing else can compare to it. I really just want to have it last a lot longer, but unfortunately I have only the time given to me. I know that all we share is true, that really the gospel is restored and it’s here to help us live with our Father again. I hope you all know that I love you and can always use advice and your help. Until the next time.



your big red headed baby boy

Kent


No comments:

Post a Comment