Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Monday 30 April 2012

Lots of great service opportunities!

The water tower field trip

view from the top - Cordoba

digging the toilet hole

Monday April 23, 2012



WOW!!!  All I can say is WOW soo many people getting married!!! I can’t even believe it and just nuts!!!  I wish them all the best in their adventures and in the planning for the big days! It just seems like whenever I read your emails everything is going on and soo much stuff is happening but it’s just normal life and it seems like way to much excitement to handle now. I think every time I come to cyber all these people are just looking at me watching this gringo say like ¨NOOOO¨out of astonishment or just freaking out cause all this sweet stuff is going on. But anyway it’s always great to get your letters and it sounds like you are all really staying busy. I do the same thing every day so I have lots to do but it doesn’t seem like anything different at all.



But anyway a lot has also happened to me these last few days. So first off I’ll get the transfers’ out of the way. I am staying here with Elder Richter! I’m way happy that I get to stay here he’s super cool and we get along great and we’re now just working like little beasts! Actually all the elders in my pension are staying and so it was not too much of a change haha but there’s this one family in the ward that we are all super close with and so we kind of played a little joke on them, and told them that a couple of us were leaving. We had a big dinner and everything, said our goodbyes and took pictures and right at the end we announced that we were all staying. It was super funny to see all their faces. The mother of the whole family was in on it.  It was her and her 7 kids and then their kids as well. We were gunna do the dinner whether we stayed or went but it was super funny to see what happened. I do feel a little bit bad though but they all took it well and we are able to keep visiting them for the next 6 weeks at least.



Also on Saturday we had a nice service project all day long and we did a lot of work. First off we started out with cleaning a piece of land where a family is going to build their house and so we got our machetes out and went to work. Then after that was done we had to cut down some trees and so I climbed up and just chopped it all up. We had to burn all the stuff we cut down and then we moved on to building a bathroom for another family. We started from scratch by digging a trench to lay the pipe and the deposit hole. It ended up being like a little bit more than my height and we still have to go over next week to finish the hole because it’s not deep enough. We laid pipe and put new cement to the floor. We did a ton of work in the end. It was super sweet though and a way cool experience I loved helping them!!



Then came another adventure. For the day we went to this abandoned water tower that is way huge and made of all cement! We walked over there and went exploring for a little while. We climbed up the winding staircase that has no light so we brought flashlights and went all the way up. We climbed up and out on to the roof and from there you can see almost all of Cordoba it was an amazing view!! Like the coolest thing ever!! I loved it and then we went down into where the water is supposed to be cause its empty and goofed around a bit and took some sweet pics and there was also a dead dog down there with us!! It was way fun and a cool adventure for all the family, hahah not really just us four went.



Well that’s all the adventure that happened to me this last week, we did a lot of things and a lot of work. It was a busy week!!! But a good one. We had lots of spiritual moments and tonight we are doing a FHE with a family to teach about the atonement and there’s gunna be like 30 people there. We are going do something similar to the story of the parable of the push ups so it should be a great experience!! I hope everything goes well and that’s about all from me for now.



I’m so glad I’m here and that I have a chance to testify of the truth of this gospel every single day.  It’s a real blessing to have that opportunity. I’m so grateful for the gospel in my life and I know when it’s lacking in my life because I feel the difference. It’s so amazing that we are spiritually fed every day. I hope the best for all of you and pray for you all.  Have an amazing week and work hard



From the south

with all my heart

Love you guys

Elder Harker

No comments:

Post a Comment