Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Friday 6 April 2012

WEEK 36 - loved Conference!!!

Kent with his new comp on their rooftop
Conference on the bigscreen!

Monday April 2, 2012



Well hello there;



I am very glad that you were all able to make it back home safely and that all is well with you guys. It’s way cool that you all enjoyed yourselves so much and that you had a little escape from the busy life to have a little bit of fun. It all sounded so sweet and especially the shows sounded like a blast. I woud have loved to see Phantom but it’s a dream for another day.



Alright time to answer some demands. hahaha My comp Elder R is from Shreveport, Louisiana United States of America. He has been out here for about 18 months. We have no dinner appointments, because down here we never eat dinner. We have lunch appointments everyday though so don’t break into a sweat. Things are different here. Like it’s a little bit richer in some parts but the funny thing is that I went from the worst villa (ghetto) whatever you want to call it, the worst to the second worst in Cordoba. So I’m just destined to be around danger. hahaha but no it’s not too bad. For being the second worst in Cordoba this is child’s play. The pension is different. But like it’s all the same. Pretty much all Cordoba is the same. It’s not until you get outside of it that it starts to look different. But that’s all I’ve heard cause really I’ve never left. About the district and zone meetings. They are good we mainly talk about the goals we have as a zone or district, the 8 principles and then we talk about our investigators and do practices on how we can help them. To be honest some meetings are better than others, but for the most part you learn lots and they are enjoyable. it’s really just to analyze what we have and how to improve on it. 



But before I have to go I would like to share a little bit more. I loved conference by the way!!! It was like the best day in a while so spiritual, and literally as soon as Pres Monson started talking from the first session I just felt the spirit fill the room and was soo strong the whole time. I learnt a lot and had some very important things answered. It was surely a time of learning. Now is the time to put that knowledge to use. I especially loved the first 2 sessions and the talk of Elder Robert D Hales. That one was really a talk that stood out to me. I felt almost as if I was the only one listening and it was just a conversation between us two. It sure was neat to have that happen. I loved every second of Conference and we had some investigators come to it and they all loved it!! Speaking of investigators, we did not baptize this weekend. It sure was disappointing but hey I hope it all goes well for this week and I’ll keep you updated for sure. This weekend was one of the greatest in the mish. I think I was looking forward to it more than Christmas!!! Anyway its only another 6 months until the next time. 



I guess that’s about all from this side of the world for now. It was a good weekend of learning and growth. I’m sure you all had the same experience or at least I hope it was the same. I guess its goodbye for now and I look forward to the next time we can exchange words on the computer screen. 



Oh one other thing tell Brett hi from me. 

and tell Peter I know how he feels right now, and that the time will come when he can leave.,

Tell Parker that I’m way proud of him and that I’m excited to hear his words in Russian one day. 

And I guess that’s about all



I love you with all my heart 

stay sweet 

work hard

live life



Elder Harker 

No comments:

Post a Comment