Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Week 37 - Easter

Monday April 9, 2012



So another week has come and gone and what a special week it was. It was Easter and here it’s called Pasqua and ya every knows about it and every will say Felizes Pasqua, but it’s not really anything too big here. Well at least where I am it wasn’t anything big. No one will have like a party and such but people know. There’s no Easter bunny or anything. But oh well I’ll have to wait a little while for more candy and also I’ll have to wait a couple years to do another Easter roll!! All was well and we enjoyed the time we had to think about Christ. It was cool cause for church yesterday we had all special meetings centered on Christ and the sacrifice he made for us and that through him we can all be saved so it was good for all our investigators. I really enjoyed it, but unfortunately not too many people were here for the meetings. Like not many members. It’s kind of weird cause the Catholic church your considered active if you go on Christmas and Easter and it seems like here for us those are the days we have the least attendance haha just funny. 



Well I would first like to wish a special Happy Birthday to my boy Ryan Young back home! I can’t believe that that boy is 18!!! Its nuts!!! But that means he will be out here with me in no time at all!!! It all sounded like you really enjoy Brett’s talk. I’m glad it went well and I’m sure he did an amazing job!! That’s super weird that he’s home, but the 2 years has passed and he’s gunna go on to do great things. Oh my gosh that’s way nuts that Peter went to do baptisms!!!! I didn’t even know he went to the temple yet, when was that!?!? I’m glad he was able to do that, it was a neat experience for me when me and Tyler did that together. And Hayden that’s way cool that he has his mission call. Super pumped for him too!!



Well this week was a good week for me. We had interviews with President this week and we were able to talk about a lot of things that helped me get a perspective on missionary work. Lately our pension has had a little bit of tension in it. But after talking to President about certain things and actually I think all of us talked to him about the same thing separately but we brought it all together later and we were able to sort it all out. So I’m super happy that there is a way that we can all improve. Some of the debate because we are living as 4 if we should work more together but President helped us understand that we need to be unified in the work but work literally separate. Like not plan everything together because it’s not as effective, I don’t know if you understand but anyway we need to work together but separately kind of thing. So as we were talking I felt they the other companionship was being a little bit condescending but me and my comp realized that we want to make it work between us 4 and so the Lord was giving us a chance to be humble and do what we can to make it work out and eventually it will all equal out. Anyway it was a little tough at first but know I can see that we just need to do what we can and the Lord will help us the rest of the way.  I’m happy to be working full force again. The week has been great and I’m just in a dandy mood ready to keep going. Plus the members are way cool and are getting a lot more excited to go out with us. We had some come out with us this week and its getting to be way good. I’m happy that they are ready to work!!!





So the Spanish, well I’ve been fluent after like a month being out here. I asked Elder Nunez when I was with him, who lived with me since the beginning and he said I spoke fluently after like a month or month and a half so I caught on pretty quick. But obviously I’ve learned a lot more in that time new words, exactly how to say things and I can understand people a lot more now. It’s still a work in progress but I can communicate with anyone I want so it’s all good. But anyway that’s about all from this side of the world for now and I’ll talk to you I guess in about another week.

I LOVE YOU ALL SOO MUCH!!!!



ELDER H A R K E R




No comments:

Post a Comment