Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Tuesday 17 January 2012

WEEK 25 - things are kind of slow...

Monday January 16, 2012

 OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMAN, HOW I WANT TO SEE THOSE PICTURES OF THE TEMPLE!!!! aaaaaahhhhhhh I am so jealous of you guys!!! That must have been so amazing to witness with your own eyes!! But maybe I’ll be here for the Cordoba Temple but really who knows. 

  Sounds like you guys have been having lots of fun and back to work. Lucky for me I have been at work this whole time so it’s just normal for me. 


To answer your questions on how we typically find, I would say most of it is done through tracting. We do have other ways like referrals as well but mostly through tracting. About the siesta, oh man does it get hot and so during this time we try not to be outside at all because most can't be bothered to come to the door or are sleeping and so we try not to contact during that time because it’s the lowest rate of success. And for work people just do whatever they can, lots run kiosks, aka small convenience stores. You can find one about every block, and then like grocery stores and painting, building houses, really just about anything but for the most part its kiosks I would say. 



I guess I still have a lot to learn about Argentine culture because I don’t know everything but all is well and I still have about 2 years to learn it all. Just working hard and trying to do the best I can but it is definitely hard. This week was kind of slow cause mostly all the investigators we had are now baptized and so we have been looking for new people to teach with not much success. But hey that’s why we have the future, to learn from the past and change to do better in the future. I don’t know if that made sense but it did in my head. Anyway though I guess it’s just been a little bit slow this last week. 



I don’t really have too much to say this week cause nothing really happened. Just have been contacting like crazy and haven’t met too many funny people to share a story about but it’s all good. Its soo awesome to hear that Carly will be joining us down here in South America!!! I’m pumped that she is doing this OSSO program because what we heard from Erin it sounds pretty cool. 



But ya so I hope you all have a super good week this next week and I pray for you all every day. I hope you know how much I love you and I guess I’ll write you next week. So until then

Love you



Elder Harker

No comments:

Post a Comment