Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011 - July 2013

Serving in the Argentina Cordoba Mission July 2011-July 2013
Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry into God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord: yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

Monday 23 January 2012

WEEK 26

Hey Guys!!!!

 Wow sounds like you are suffering a little bit in the cold up there!!! But don't worry I am suffering just as much down here its been like 35-40C the past week with like 85% humidity so its been pretty brutal this last little while. But you know what, it's all good and we are still working hard even though I want to die (from the heat).


Oh and to let you know your package came!!!!! The one with the Christmas tree and the puppets, hahahaha it was really funny that it all came right after when I needed it, but I got everything else in the package and it was so great to finally know where it was. Speaking of packages and letters I got one from the Horne's and the Down's and it was supper great had some little treats as well as a mission memory book.......for Sister missionaries - well I'm still gunna use it but I'll have to cross out ¨who is your companion? what is she like?¨ for ¨he¨ but its all good. I also got letters from the Lonsdales, Fibkes and Grandma so if you could give a big thank you to all of them for me that would be awesome!!!


Its way cool to hear that Tim is going to Ireland, that's gunna be so sweet I'm way pumped for him!!! and how are the other guys doing on their papers?? Are anyone elses in like Peter, Parker, Jesse, Tyler Johnson????  It's an exciting time so we'll see what happens. I think Peter is going to go to like Germany or something in Europe.



Also, thanks Dad for answering the questions about school for this Elder. It's really going to help him, and it sounds like you all are doing very well and that you have been doing a lot of things so that makes me happy.



But down here in Argentina things are very slow moving and there always seems to be some kind of problem going on with the ward of Renacimiento. I know that we are technically now the Elders of San Vicente, but we cover both areas. And right now the Bishop and Ward mission leader are making the smallest things into a big deal. But to make a long story short they are not pleased with all the success we have been having and only seem to look at our faults and yes we do have faults but the work is going to move forward with or without them. President is not very happy about the whole situation as he told me in my interview with him this past week but it's something that will be resolved and I hope we can help do that for the next set of missionaries. One thing I've really learnt from all this and am still learning is a lot about pride. Before my mission I never really understood what it was and how it can be so bad and destructive, and I still don't know everything about it, but it has really opened my eyes as to what it is and how it can cause so much damage. It is said many times and prophesied in the scriptures that the Nephites will destroyed because of their pride but I never understood why. Now I do and it's something I can definitely work on improving because it is something so small yet so powerful.



But on a happy note this family we have been teaching and have baptised the parents are way cool . We are now trying to work with all of their 4 kids and the grandma as well. Something amazing that happened is that the son is a professional football player for the team here in Cordoba the Talleres and he is gunna get us some jerseys!!!! So that's so awesome of him. We are just working hard here down in the South, trying to do my best and do what I can to help the gospel spread. I guess that's about all I have for this week folks so until next week.



Love to all



Elder HARKER

No comments:

Post a Comment